This Slow Cooker Loaded Chicken and Potato Casserole recipe is like a chicken with a side of loaded baked potato all made in one dish.
Let the slow cooker do the work and enjoy this hearty recipe with little clean up! We like to serve this recipe with our Olive Garden Fresh Garden Salad Copycat Recipe and these Chocolate Turtle Brownies for dessert!
Ingredients needed to make this Loaded Chicken and Potato Casserole:
- 4-5 Russet Potatoes, cut into small cubes
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless chicken breasts, diced
- 1 teaspoon salt, more or less to taste
- ½ teaspoon black ground pepper, more or less to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, more or less to taste
- 6 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 3/4 – 1 cup heavy whipping cream
How to make Slow Cooker Loaded Chicken and Potato Casserole:
Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
Spread half of the cut potatoes in the bottom of the slow cooker.
On top of the potatoes, spread the diced chicken in a single-layer.
Sprinkle half of the salt, half of the pepper, half of the garlic powder on top, half of the bacon, half of the cheddar cheese, and half of the green onions on top of the chicken.
Place the rest of the potatoes on top of the chicken, and top with remaining salt, pepper, garlic powder, bacon, cheese, and green onions.
Pour heavy whipping cream evenly over the casserole.
Place the lid on top and cook on low heat for 6-8 hours.
If desired, top with more cheese, bacon, green onions, or any other toppings that you love on your potatoes!