In honor of the release of our newest cookbook, 12 Days of Christmas with Six Sisters’ Stuff, we hosted a recipe contest to find YOUR favorite holiday recipes! After a lot of baking, cooking and sampling we have chosen 12 of our reader’s favorite recipes! Thanks to everyone who participated!
Today we are featuring “Bob Clark Casserole” submitted by Stacy Ferguson!
This casserole is named after a man Stacy’s mom invited over to dinner one night while his family was away. She served this casserole and Bob loved it so much that they decided to name it after him! This recipe is one of Stacy’s family’s favorite recipes and is perfect for taking dinner to a neighbor or party.
Bob Clark Casserole Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- ⅓ onion diced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- ½ teaspoon seasoning salt
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 4 Tablespoons BBQ Sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans French cut green beans drained
- 4 cups prepared mashed potatoes (or instant potatoes)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Brown ground beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is cooked through. Drain excess grease.
- Add tomato sauce, seasoning salt, cumin, garlic salt, chili powder, BBQ sauce, salt and pepper to the beef mixture. Heat through and set aside.
- In a 9 x 13 inch baking dish, spread meat mixture, then add the green beans on top of the meat mixture. Top with mashed potatoes and sprinkle on cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
Looking for more delicious casserole recipes?
Here are a few of our favorite:
Texas Ranch Chicken Casserole
Easy Cheeseburger Casserole
Beef and Noodle Casserole
20 Delicious Casserole Recipes
Chicken Taco Casserole
If you are interested in our other books, you can check them out here: