what toppings would be good on this:
I love my toppings. I love this recipe as is, but I love it even more with toppings, because they really give it a lot of amazing flavor. Here are a few toppings I highly recommend:
- Banana Peppers
- Red Onions
- Refried Beans
- Spanish Rice
- Black Beans
- Sour Cream (or plain Greek yogurt)
- Bell Peppers
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel?
We created it just for you. We wanted to show you how simple and delicious our recipes are.
We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make it. We answer all your questions, and help you get the recipe, perfect, each and every time you make it.
If you are looking for more simple and delicious recipes, head over to our channel and check them out.
looking for more easy dinners? here are a few of our favorites:
Cafe Rio Slow Cooker Chicken and Cilantro Rice Recipe
- 3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 8 ounces Italian dressing (light or fat free) - about half a bottle
- 1 Tablespoon cumin
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 2 cups uncooked brown rice
- 2 cups fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 cup salsa verde green salsa
- 1 bunch green onions sliced
- 4 cups water
- pinch of salt
- Mix cumin, chili powder & dressing in bowl
- Place frozen chicken breasts in crock pot
- Pour mixture over chicken & cover
- Cook on high for 5 hrs or on low for 7 to 8. Shred chicken in the crockpot and mix it well.
- Wash and chop the cilantro. Mix the cilantro with 2 cups of water and pour in the pan for cooking the rice. Add two more cups of water, the salt, Salsa Verde, and onion. Bring to a boil. Stir in the rice in the boiling water. Cover and turn down heat to very low; steam for 30 minutes. Makes about 10 servings.
- Put it all together with Toppings:
- Cook whole wheat burrito tortillas on non-greased skillet 10-15 seconds on each side
- Put Chicken, Cilantro Rice, black beans, avocado, lowfat cheese, cilantro, tomatoes, (I also added red pepper, green onions and spinach) inside of tortilla.
- Add anything else you like (fat free sour cream, salsa, etc.)
- Roll up your tortilla and eat your delicious and healthy Cafe Rio Burrito!
- Slow Cooker
have you heard about our restaurant copycat cookbook?
Have you heard about our newest cookbook,Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
Thiscookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!