You would never know that this recipe was simple by the taste of it! It is moist, juicy, and has just the right amount of kick. You would never guess it literally took me 2 minutes to throw in the crockpot. I let it sit all day as I was out running errands and working, and when I got home, my whole apartment smelled amazing. We used the meat to fill tacos – but you could easily use it as a salad topper, for enchiladas, or in quesadillas.
Slow Cooker Shredded Beef Tacos Recipe
- 2 ½ pounds beef chuck roast
- 1 ounce taco seasoning
- 1 cup salsa verde
- 15 ounces corn drained
- ½ cup beef broth
- 8 taco shells
- 1 cup shredded cheese optional topping
- ½ cup sour cream optional topping
- 1 tomato diced, optional topping
- 1 cup shredded lettuce optional topping
- Place roast in the slow cooker, and cover with taco seasoning.
- Pour one cup of salsa Verde over top. Add one can of corn (with the juice) and 1/2 cup beef broth.
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours, or low for 6-8. When it is finished cooking, pull from the slow cooker and shred, placing it back in the slow cooker when finished.
- Mix the shredded beef with the corn and liquid.
- Serve with favorite taco toppings: cheese, sour cream, tomatoes, and lettuce.
- Slow Cooker