You would never know that this recipe was simple by the taste of it! It is moist, juicy, and has just the right amount of kick. You would never guess it literally took me 2 minutes to throw in the crockpot. I let it sit all day as I was out running errands and working, and when I got home, my whole apartment smelled amazing. We used the meat to fill tacos – but you could easily use it as a salad topper, for enchiladas, or in quesadillas.
Slow Cooker Shredded Beef Tacos Recipe
You would never guess it literally took 2 minutes to throw in the slow cooker. It's tasty and so moist.
- 2 ½ pounds beef chuck roast
- 1 ounce taco seasoning
- 1 cup salsa verde
- 15 ounces corn drained
- ½ cup beef broth
- 8 taco shells
- 1 cup shredded cheese optional topping
- ½ cup sour cream optional topping
- 1 tomato diced, optional topping
- 1 cup shredded lettuce optional topping
- Place roast in the slow cooker, and cover with taco seasoning.
- Pour one cup of salsa Verde over top. Add one can of corn (with the juice) and 1/2 cup beef broth.
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours, or low for 6-8. When it is finished cooking, pull from the slow cooker and shred, placing it back in the slow cooker when finished.
- Mix the shredded beef with the corn and liquid.
- Serve with favorite taco toppings: cheese, sour cream, tomatoes, and lettuce.
To turn this into a freezer meal: Add roast, taco seasoning, salsa, corn and beef broth into a gallon-sized freezer bag. Squeeze out as much air as possible and seal bag closed. Place freezer bag into freezer and it will last 60-90 days. When ready to use, spray inside of slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray and dump ingredients from bag into slow cooker. Place the lid on top and cook for 9-10 hours on low heat (you can cook it for 5-6 hours on high heat, but it will not be as tender as cooking it low and slow. We highly recommend low and slow!). Follow the rest of the instructions as written.
Calories: 610 kcal · Carbohydrates: 32 g · Protein: 45 g · Fat: 35 g · Saturated Fat: 15 g · Trans Fat: 1 g · Cholesterol: 155 mg · Sodium: 1054 mg · Potassium: 1013 mg · Fiber: 4 g · Sugar: 8 g · Vitamin A: 1369 IU · Vitamin C: 11 mg · Calcium: 171 mg · Iron: 5 mg
- Slow Cooker
Questions & Reviews