Oven baked tacos come together so quick and easy. And they are easy to eat, too. Not a lot of mess with taco meat falling out with every bite. They are literally the easiest way to make and serve tacos.
Our kids often get so frustrated when they take a bite of their taco, the shell breaks, and taco filling is falling out. These are so easy for little hands to hold.
With oven baked tacos, the meat stays put. The shell slightly softens when cooked. We love using the taco shells with a flat bottom. They can stand up on their own, and that helps holds in the taco meat so well.
We had seen Oven Baked Tacos floating around the internet and decided to take make our own spin on them. I had heard that baking the tacos softens the shell just a little bit and helps solidify the filling, so I put it to the test and it passed with flying colors!
The filling stayed in place, the shells didn’t break into a million pieces, and we were able to eat dinner without one single tear . . . which makes these Oven Baked Tacos a perfect 10 in our book!
These tacos are great on their own without any extra toppings. That’s how our kids like to eat them.
can you use other meat in these tacos?
We like to use ground beef in these tacos. You can easily sub the ground beef out for a healthier option such as ground turkey.
Shredded beef would also be tasty in these oven baked tacos. If you had a lot of leftovers after a big Sunday pot roast, just shred the beef and add it to the recipe.
You could also use cooked shredded chicken for a chicken taco.
We have even tried shredded pork, and it was delicious.
how to top off your oven baked taco
Taco toppings are endless for these Oven Baked Tacos. They are a great to serve at a party. You can have a taco bar with so many topping options.
- Sour Cream
- Pico de Gallo
- Shredded Lettuce
- Sliced Olives
- Diced Tomatoes
- Taco Sauce
how to make oven baked tacos
Just a few simple taco ingredient for the taco base. We like these tacos without extra toppings too. They are delicious to stand on their own.
- Preheat the oven to 400.
- In a large skillet brown the hamburger along with the onion and minced garlic. When hamburger is cooked through, rinse and drain the grease.
- Add in black beans, taco seasoning, and salsa.
- Mix in well and cook over medium heat for just a few minutes.
- Place taco shells in a 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- Add meat mixture to each shell, packing down well. Then top with shredded cheese.
- Continue until all the shells are filled.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until the tacos are heated through and the cheese is melted.
- Serve with your favorite taco toppings. We like to add diced tomatoes, shredded lettuce, and sliced olives.
Related recipe: Love baked tacos? Then you’ll love our Cornbread Taco Bake!
helpful items used in oven baked tacos
- Chop Stir – Our most used kitchen tool out of all the kitchen tools we own.
- Skillet – A non stick skillet that comes with a lid.
- 9 x 13 Baking Dish – This nice glass baking dish comes with a lid.
- Knife Set – 15 piece knife set is great for chopping veggies.
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
WE ARE SO EXCITED TO SHARE THESE RECIPES WITH YOU. ORDER YOUR COPY TODAY!
SIX SISTERS’ STUFF COPYCAT COOKING <—– CLICK HERE TO ORDER!
here are more delicious taco recipes you will want to try-
- Honey Pork Tacos
- Oven Baked Chicken Tacos
- Quick and Easy Fish Tacos
- Slow Cooker Cilantro Lime Pork Tacos
- Ground Turkey Soft Tacos
Oven Baked Beef Tacos Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion diced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 (1 ounce) packet taco seasoning
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 12 hard taco shells
- 1½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tomatoes diced (optional topping)
- 1 cup shredded lettuce (optional topping)
- 6 ounces canned olives sliced (optional topping)
- 1 cup sour cream (optional topping)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large skillet brown you hamburger along with the chopped onion and garlic. Cook until meat is brown, drain grease well.
- Add black beans, taco seasoning, and salsa. Mix well and let cook for a couple of minutes so that the flavors can meld and the mixture can thicken.
- In a large 9 x 13 inch baking dish, line up all the taco shells. Fill each one with a couple of scoops of the beef mixture and pack down into the shell. Repeat until all the shells are filled. Top each taco with shredded cheese.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes (or until all the cheese is melted).
- Serve with your favorite taco toppings (tomatoes, lettuce, olives, sour cream, guacamole, hot sauce, or whatever you like).
Have you seen our YouTube channel?
Watch how easy it is to make Cilantro Lime Shrimp Tacos! A great dinner recipe for tonight!