Every Friday night, we like to have some sort of pizza at our house.
This week, we decided to combine grilled cheese sandwiches with our pizza . . . it was a combination that was meant to be!
Starting with your favorite bread (I used a crusty Italian bread), then top it with pepperonis, fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced tomatoes, marinara sauce, and more cheese (yes – double cheese. Because it’s grilled cheese! The gooier, the better!.
I actually used garlic butter on the outsides of my sandwich and it took it over the top!
If you need a quick and delicious lunch or dinner idea, this can be your new go-to!
Ingredients needed for pizza grilled cheese sandwiches:
- Your favorite bread (I used Italian bread, but French bread or even sandwich bread would work great. Use whole wheat bread if you are looking for a healthier option).
- Fresh mozzarella, thinly sliced
- Tomatoes, thinly sliced
- Fresh shredded Parmesan cheese
- Butter (for the outside of the bread as it grills)
- You could also add all your favorite pizza toppings – mushrooms, green peppers, sausage, ham, pineapple, olives, etc)
How to make Pizza Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
Step 1: Slice your bread and prep all the ingredients.
Step 2: Place pepperonis on one slice of bread.
Step 3: Top pepperonis with marinara sauce, slices of fresh mozzarella cheese (this cheese makes the sandwiches extra gooey!), tomato slices, and fresh Parmesan cheese.
Step 4: Spread garlic butter (or if you don’t have garlic butter, regular unsalted butter will work great) on one side of the sandwich and place that side down on the preheated griddle. Then butter the top so it will brown when you flip it over.
Step 5: Grill until golden brown on both sides and the cheese is melted (about 2-4 minutes per side).
Serve with a side of marinara sauce for dipping!
Different ways to cooking these sandwiches:
- Electric Griddle: When I am making a lot of sandwiches for my family, I love to use a my big electric griddle so that I can cook them all at the same time. This is the one that I have and love. We also make pancakes on it!
- Griddle Pan: Even if you don’t have an electric griddle, you can use this pan and cook the perfect sandwiches on your stove top. I love how sturdy this pan is – it will last forever! We also use our griddle pan to make crepes.
- Outdoor Griddle: My husband got a Blackstone Outdoor Griddle for Father’s Day last year and it’s AWESOME for cooking stuff like this – I can make 2 dozen sandwiches at the same time! Just another fun option.
Our newest cookbook
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!
What to serve with Pizza Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
- Baked Mozzarella Sticks
- Roasted Tomato Basil Soup (so good to dip these sandwiches in!)
- Fresh Italian Green Salad
- 3 Ingredient Avocado Salad
Have you checked out our YouTube channel?
If you love pizza, you have to watch as we make these pizza sliders!