Sheet Pan Chicken Pot Pie is the easiest way to make pot pie!
My husband is always asking me to make homemade chicken pot pie.
The thought of making and rolling out homemade pie dough is not something I want to do on a busy weeknight.
With four little kids, the easier the recipe and fewer dishes I have to do, the better!
With all of this in mind, I set out to make a family-friendly, easy and delicious chicken pot pie in one pan!
It sounded like quite the feat, but was so simple and we’ve already made it twice since. It was a hit with my whole family!
Be sure to check out another one of our favorite sheet pan recipes: Parmesan Chicken and Vegetables
Want even more recipe ideas that use already made chicken ?! Try these 45 Cold Chicken Recipes (Best Leftover Chicken Ideas)!
Ingredients needed for Sheet Pan Chicken Pot Pie:
- red potatoes
- minced garlic
- salt and pepper
- chicken broth
- cream cheese
- frozen peas
- Puff Pastry Sheet
- fresh parsley
Love sheet pan recipes? Check out our Sheet Pan Meatloaf and Green Beans!
How to make Sheet Pan Chicken Pot Pie:
I love all the fresh vegetables in this recipe! I started by chopping up carrots, celery, onions and red potatoes.
Next, I made a simple filling and spread all of it in a large baking sheet.
My absolute favorite part of this recipe is the “crust!”
I love using Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry Sheets because they so flaky and delicious (not sponsored, I just love sharing things I love).
They made the perfect crust for my chicken pot pie!
I rolled out two sheets of puff pastry until they were the length and width of the baking sheet.
After my puff pastry was all rolled out, I used a pizza cutter and cut the dough into 1 inch strips and laid it across the top of the pie filling in the pan.
I left a few gaps between the strips of crust to see all of the delicious filling inside!
I cut off any crust hanging over the edge so it wouldn’t burn and would look pretty. 🙂
I brushed some egg wash over the crust to help it crisp up and turn a perfect golden brown!
I sprinkled some fresh parsley on after baking and it was ready to serve!
Homemade chicken pot pie in one pan and made from start to finish in less than an hour?! Yes, please!
My family raved about this recipe and I hope yours will love it too!
Want More Easy Dinner Ideas?
Join our email list today and we will send you a FREE ebook of our favorite dinner recipes – plus we will send you recipes each week to help make your dinner planning easier!
Join today by CLICKING HERE.
Have you checked out our YouTube channel? We show you how to make our favorite recipes right in our own kitchens!
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!
Love cooking as much as we do? Join our FREE private Facebook Group: Six Sisters’ Dinner Club!
Other Chicken Pot Pie recipes:
- Instant Pot Chicken Pot Pie
- Cheesy Chicken Pot Pie
- Easy Biscuit Chicken Pot Pie
- Low Carb Chicken Pot Pie Soup
- Skillet Chicken Pot Pie
Easy Homemade Sheet Pan Chicken Pot Pie Recipe
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 4 stalks celery (diced)
- 4 carrots sliced
- 1 onion (diced)
- 2 red potatoes (diced)
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 package cream cheese 8 ounces
- 2 cups rotisserie chicken shredded
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1 package Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry Sheet 17.3 ounces, thawed
- 1 egg
- 2 Tablespoons fresh parsley roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add celery, carrots, onion and potatoes. Saute for 8-10 minutes, or until vegetables begin to soften.
- Add garlic and season with salt and pepper.
- Mix in flour, chicken broth and cream cheese. Let cook for 5 more minutes, stirring constantly.
- Fold in chicken and peas.
- Pour mixture into a baking sheet sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Roll out two puff pastry sheets to the width of the sheet pan, cut into 1-inch strips and lay over filling.
- Use a sharp knife to cut off any excess dough hanging over the sides.
- Whisk egg in a small bowl and brush over the top of the pot pie.
- Cook for 30-35 minutes, or until the top is golden brown.
- Remove from oven, garnish with fresh parsley and serve.
Have you ever made anything with Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry Sheets?!
Leave a comment below!
If you made our recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your hard work using #sixsistersstuff.