Life can get so busy with kids and work, that it’s nice to worry about one less thing. I thought I’d share with you, my recipe for this week.
I decided to do a baked ziti, and it is so yummy and quick. Throw it all together and dinner is ready in just minutes, and you don’t have to worry about it all day.
HOW TO MAKE THE PERFECT BAKED ZITI:
This is a super simple recipe to make, and it comes together in a flash. If you are looking for a fast dinner, or one to freeze and eat later, we highly recommend this Baked Ziti.
Here are a few tips:
- Salt your noodles. I usually salt my noodles, not necessarily for flavor, but to keep them from getting too sticky.
- If you are making this as a freezer meal, you will want to add about a teaspoon of salt to the boiling noodles to help them stay separate and not clump together.
- Add extra sauce if you plan to freeze it. This freezes well, but when you reheat it, you might lose a little bit of our red sauce, as it will soak into the pasta. I like to add about a half cup extra of the sauce, just to make sure it’s saucy enough when I reheat it.
- Add your cheese. Really any cheese will work for this recipe. My husband loves a little heat, so we usually add a little pepper jack cheese to it, just to give it some more flavor and spice. I like to add just the slightest bit of cheddar cheese to it, to calm it down, but both are optional.
- Low fat option. If you are trying to save on calories or fat, we highly recommend using a plain Greek yogurt instead of sour cream. The flavor and texture will all be there, just less fat and fewer calories.
The sour cream does cook a little better, but with all the sauce and cheese, you won’t be able to tell a difference in the taste or texture.
- If you like your cheese a little crispy, you could also broil your dish for about 1 minute under high broil. I like mine creamy and smooth so I didn’t do this step, but if you are looking for that golden brown cheese, I highly recommend giving it a small broil.
what can i replace the sour cream with?
For this recipe, we recommend replacing the sour cream with plain Greek yogurt. It’s all the same great flavor, with half the calories and fat.
It will still be just as flavorful and creamy. You probably won’t even notice a difference.
How to freeze this meal:
how to cook the freezer meal:
watch how to make another pasta favorite, here:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
looking for more pasta recipes? here are a few of our favorite:
- Tortellini Pasta Salad
- Protein Pasta
- One Pan Chili Beef Pasta Skillet
- Fresh Cajun Pasta
- Instant Pot Creamy Shrimp Alfredo Pasta
check out our new cookbook
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!