I love cooked breakfasts. Things usually are so hectic during the week that we don’t have a cooked breakfast until the weekend. This casserole is easy to make but is so delicious! With bacon, cheese and eggs you just can’t go wrong!
Related Article: Start your morning off right with our Hashbrown and Egg Breakfast Casserole!
Bacon and Egg Breakfast Casserole Recipe
- 12 slices of bacon
- ¼ cup butter melted
- 3 cups croutons
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 eggs
- 1¾ cup milk
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 1 Tablespoon prepared mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook bacon in a large skillet, drain, crumble and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place croutons in the bottom of the dish and drizzle with melted butter.
- Sprinkle on shredded cheddar cheese.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs.
- Add milk, pepper, mustard, salt and pepper and beat until combined.
- Pour into baking dish and sprinkle with crumbled bacon.
- Bake for 40 minutes and allow to stand for 10 minutes before serving.
- Large Skillet
- 9x13-inch Baking Pan
- Medium Bowl