We didn’t have hot breakfast very often growing up. We all loved a bowl of good ol’ cold cereal at our house.
I have come to love having a hot breakfast in the morning, especially in the fall and winter months.
It starts cooling down in September in Utah and all the beautiful fall leaves start changing. It is a fall wonderland!
This Overnight Apple French Toast Casserole is the perfect fall, winter or weekend breakfast. You can make it the night before then toss it in the oven in the morning and have the most amazing breakfast.
This French toast casserole has a caramel apple topping, so you don’t even have to worry about using syrup. We like to top it with a dollop of whipped cream, but however you serve it, it is bound to be a hit.
How to Make Overnight Apple French Toast Casserole:
If you are making this Overnight Apple French Toast Casserole for dinner or another event, be sure to give yourself adequate time.
This French toast is best after it has had around 8 hours to soak up the egg mixture, so leaving it in the fridge overnight is ideal.
I have tried to make it and cook it directly after assembling it and it didn’t turn out as well because all of the egg mixture hadn’t been absorbed into the bread.
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt the butter and add in diced apples. You can peel your apples if you prefer, but it tastes great either way.
Add brown sugar, water and cinnamon and cook and stir for 10 minutes or until apples are tender.
Spoon apple mixture into a 9×13-inch baking dish sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
Place bread slices over apple mixture in the baking dish.
In a mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, heavy whipping cream and vanilla until well combined. Pour egg mixture over the bread slices.
Cover the dish with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight (for about 8 hours).
In the morning, preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Bake, uncovered, for 35 minutes or until bread is golden brown.
Let sit for 5 minutes before serving.Serve using a spatula, flipping toast over so the apple mixture is on top.
Serve with whipped cream, if desired.
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!
The best overnight french toast recipes:
- Overnight Baked Caramel French Toast
- Overnight Creme Brulee French Toast Bake
- Brown Sugar Pecan French Toast Bake
- Overnight Raspberry French Toast
- Pumpkin French Toast Bake
Overnight Apple French Toast Recipe
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 3 large apples diced
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 loaf french bread (sliced into one inch thick slices)
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups whipped cream optional topping
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat and add apples.
- Cook, stirring constantly, for 5 minutes.
- Add brown sugar, water and cinnamon and cook and stir for 10 minutes or until apples are tender.
- Spoon apple mixture into a 9 x 13 inch baking dish sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place bread slices over apples.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, heavy whipping cream and vanilla until well combined.
- Pour egg mixture over the bread slices.
- Cover the dish with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight (for about 8 hours).
- In the morning, preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Bake, uncovered, for 35 minutes or until bread is golden brown.
- Let sit for 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve using a spatula, flipping toast over so the apple mixture is on top.
- Serve with whipped cream, if desired.