I absolutely LOVE these salted caramel chocolate cookies! They are sooo good and the perfect Christmas cookie recipe that you need to make this year.
Nothing goes better with a nice warm cup of hot cocoa than these salted caramel cookies. They are truly a favorite cookie recipe in my house. We make it so many times during the holidays and everyone loves when we bring them to get togethers.
When you have a hankering for a chocolate dessert, these salted caramel chocolate cookies are exactly what you need. They have the wonderful salty and sweet flavors that everyone loves.
Ingredients You’ll Need For These Salted Caramel Chocolate Cookies:
- Kraft caramels
- Unsalted butter
- Brown sugar
- Vanilla extract
- All-purpose flour
- Baking soda
- Cocoa powder
- Semi-swet chocolate chips
- Heavy whipping cream
- Sea salt
How To Make These Salted Caramel Chocolate Cookies:
Begin making these delicious cookies by preheating your oven to 350 degrees.
Then count out 25 of the caramels and set them aside to help make the dizzle later.
Using the remaining caramels, unwrap them and cut them up into small pieces with a sharp knife and then set them aside.
Now, in a medium-sized mixing bowl combine together the unsalted butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar.
Cream it all together until it is nice and smooth, then add in the eggs and vanilla extract and then mix it all again.
Then in another mixing bowl, add the flour, baking soda, salt, and cocoa powder into the bowl and use a whisk to mix it all together.
After all the dry ingredients have been mixed together, add in the wet ingredients and mix it all until its just incorporated. Do NOT over mix to keep the cookies soft.
Then pour the chocolate and chopped up caramel and lightly mix them into the dough.
Now either using a cookie scoop or a spoon drop the dough on a greased cookie sheet or one lined with a silicone mat and bake the cookies for 8-10 minutes.
After you remove the cookies from the oven, let the cookies sit on the cookie sheet for 2-3 minutes to allow the cookies to bake a little more without the surrounding heat.
Then move the cookies to a cooling rack and let them cool down completely.
In the mean time, take out the 25 caramels, unwrap them, put them in a small sauce pan along with the heavy whipping cream.
Now turn the stoptop on medium heat and stir the caramels and cream constantly until the caramel melts and become smooth. This should take around 5-10 minutes.
Let the caramel cool for a minute and then pour it into either a piping bag or a sandwich bag and cut the corner to have as small hole to help drizzle the caramel.
Drizzle the cookies with the caramel and then sprinkle sea salt on the cookies before the caramel sets.
Then just eat and enjoy!
Related Recipe: Make sure to try our Salted Caramel Cookie Cups!
To Make This Christmas Cookie Recipe You Will Need:
- Cookie sheet
- Silicone mat (THESE work great!)
- Cooling rack
- Piping bag or sandwich bag
- Sauce pan
Make These Gluten-Free
You can make these amazing Christmas cookies gluten-free, and you should so you don’t have to miss out on a delicious treat!
You can simply replace the all-purpose flour with one of the 16 gluten-free baking alternatives off of the list The Kitchn provides. They even tell you the best times to use which substitute.
Love Cookies? Try the rest of our 30 of the Best Christmas Cookie Challenge Recipes!
Want More Easy Dinner Ideas?
Join our email list today and we will send you a FREE ebook of our favorite dinner recipes – plus we will send you recipes each week to help make your dinner planning easier!
Join today by CLICKING HERE.
Have you checked out our YouTube channel? We show you how to make our favorite recipes right in our own kitchens!
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!
Chocolate Cookies Are a Wonderful Treat, Make Sure to Try These Delicious Recipes Too:
- Grasshopper Mint Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies Recipe
- Chocolate Caramel Nutella Cookies Recipe
- Chocolate Kiss Cookies Recipe
- Chocolate Waffle Cookies Recipe
- Chewy Chocolate Toffee Cookies Recipes
- Cake Mix Christmas Cookies
- Chocolate Reindeer Cookies
- The Best Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Homemade Chocolate Caramels with Sea Salt
Salted Caramel Chocolate Cookies Recipe
- 11 ounces Kraft Caramels 1 bag (about 36 caramels in the bag), divided
- 1 cup unsalted butter (2 sticks), softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 2 Tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- sea salt for topping (about 1 Tablespoon)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Count out 25 caramels for the drizzle to go on top of cookies, set aside.
- Remove plastic wrap from remaining caramels and cut up into small pieces, set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine butter, brown sugar and sugar. Cream together until smooth. Add in eggs and vanilla extract and beat until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, and cocoa powder.
- Mix dry ingredients with wet ingredients and mix until incorporated. Fold in the chocolate chips and the caramels cut into small pieces.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto a greased baking sheet (or a baking sheet with silicone mat on it).
- Bake for 8-10 minutes (be careful not to overbake them).
- Remove from oven and let them rest on the baking sheet for 2-3 minutes, then move them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- While cookies cool, take the 25 caramels that you set aside and combine with heavy cream in a small saucepan.
- Cook saucepan on stovetop over medium heat, stirring constantly, until caramels start to melt and are smooth (takes 5-10 minutes).
- Drizzle cooled cookies with melted caramel and sprinkle with a pinch of sea salt before the caramel sets.
- Makes about 30 cookies.
- To make these Gluten Free replace the Flour with a Gluten Free baking alternative.
- Cookie Sheet
- Silicone Baking Mat
- Cooling Rack
- Piping Bag or Sandwich Bag
If you made our recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your hard work using #sixsistersstuff.