I’m trying to eat healthier after having this baby, but sometimes I just need a little snack. Making a mug cake helps with my portions instead of making a huge pan and eating half of it.
I decided to opt for a cake that I just couldn’t resist. If you have been following the blog for a while now, I am sure you have picked up on our love of peanut butter and chocolate.
I think it’s safe to say that we all love our Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, over any other candy.
This cake in a mug recipe is a lot like a Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup, just in cake form. If you love a good chocolate and peanut butter combination, this is a recipe I highly recommend trying.
Hope you like it.
Could I make this using cake mix?
I have only made this using the recipe as instructed, however, you could easily make this recipe using a cake mix.
You could even switch up the flavors and add a cake mix you love. We recommend adding a little water or milk to the mixture to really give it a better texture, but this recipe would work great using cake mix.
It would even be delicious using a fruity cake mix such as strawberry, cherry chip or lemon, and topping it off with some fresh fruit and whipped cream.
Think of all the cake mug possibilities. My mouth is watering just thinking about it.
Garnish with candy:
For this recipe, you could garnish it with whatever you would like, but it would be delicious with some Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups on top, or melted into the cake.
Again, this is totally optional, and really any candy would work, but Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups would taste absolutely amazing with this recipe.
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel?
We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
Looking for more Chocolate desserts? Here are a few of our favorites:
- Copycat Wendy’s Chocolate Frosty
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
- Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Frozen Chocolate and Peanut Butter Banana Bites
- Chocolate Cherry Chunk Brownies
Chocolate Peanut Butter Mug Cake Recipe
- ¼ cup flour
- 2 Tablespoons cocoa
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 Tablespoons butter melted
- 1 Tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 Tablespoon mini chocolate chips
- In a small bowl, whisk flour, cocoa powder, sugar and baking powder until completely combined.
- Whisk in milk, butter and vanilla until smooth. Fold in chocolate chips. Pour batter into a large microwave-safe mug.
- Dollop peanut butter into center of mug, gently pressing down until even with top of batter.
- Microwave on high for 1 minute. Allow to cool for 1 minute before serving.
- Small Mixing Bowl