Who knew that a delicious cookie from scratch could be SO easy and take very little time. We had so much fun making Chocolate Waffle Cookies.
No cookie sheets to clean because these cookies are not baked in the oven. The cleanup was a breeze.
As you see by looking at the ingredients below, these are made with regular pantry baking staples. And all this time you were wondering what cookies you could make with what you have on hand. Try chocolate waffle cookies for dessert tonight!
what waffle maker works best for these cookies?
We have always had a Belgian waffle maker for our breakfast waffles. So that was what we used to make these chocolate waffle cookies. Belgian waffle makers make larger waffles and have deeper pockets.
Belgian Waffle makers can be used the same way as a standard waffle maker. The Belgian waffle maker has many alternate uses. Breakfast waffles are the main use for a Belgian waffle maker. But our Chocolate Waffle Cookies are a great reason to purchase a Belgian Waffle Maker.
If you have a standard waffle maker, it is perfect for these chocolate waffle cookies too. Just watch closely on the cooking time.
can you use another chocolate batter for these cookies?
We have always used the recipe that is posted for these cookies. I’m sure if you had another recipe you wanted to try, you could easily substitute it into the recipe. You will need to watch it closely because the cooking time could easily be different.
Some have asked if they could use a brownie batter, or store bought brownie mix. This would also take some trial and error until you get it just right.
how to make Chocolate Waffle Cookies
These frosted chocolate waffle cookies are made with simple on hand ingredients.
- Heat waffle maker.
- In a big mixing bowl combine the softened butter, sugar, eggs, cocoa, and vegetable oil. Blend together well.
- Then add in flour, salt, and vanilla. Mix until combined.
- Drop batter by a heaping tablespoon onto the generously greased waffle iron.
- Keep the batter towards the center instead of at the edges.
- Close the lid and cook for about 1 minute. You can open slightly to peek in to check for doneness. The cooked cookies should all be uniform in color and not raw dough.
- You may need to experiment with the first batch to get a feel for your waffle maker. They all slightly differ in temp which affects your cooking time.
- After they are done cooking, lift them out with a fork and place on a plate or cooling rack to cool down.
- Be sure to spray the waffle iron in between each batch so the cookies don’t stick.
- While the waffle cookies are cooling, make the chocolate frosting.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix the softened butter, powdered sugar, milk, vanilla, and cocoa until creamy and smooth. Add more powdered sugar or milk to get the frosting to the desired texture.
- Frost the cooled cookies and add sprinkles if desired.
helpful items used for making chocolate waffle cookies
- Waffle Maker – This waffle maker is great for cookies and delicious breakfast waffles.
- Hand Mixer – We have this hand mixer and just love it. So many fun features at a great price.
- Mixing Bowl Set – A great mixing bowl set with 3 sizes of bowl with non skid bottom.
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
WE ARE SO EXCITED TO SHARE THESE RECIPES WITH YOU. ORDER YOUR COPY TODAY!
SIX SISTERS’ STUFF COPYCAT COOKING <—– CLICK HERE TO ORDER!
Here are more delicious chocolate dessert recipes for chocolate lovers:
- Chocolate Cream Cheese Cake
- Layered Chocolate Pudding Cake
- Grandma’s Chocolate Cake Roll
- Chocolate Zucchini Cake
- Rolo Chocolate Chip Bars