One of the most popular recipes on our blog is our recipe for Andes Mint Cookies. I had a craving for them the other night, but was fresh out of Andes Mints . . . how does that even happen?!
Anyway, I had some mint chips leftover from Christmas and threw them into the batter . . . and these little babies were born!
I love making cookies using a cake mix- it doesn’t get any easier than that! However, I know that many of you prefer to bake from scratch, so you could use another chocolate cookie recipe or make a homemade cake mix to use in these cookies.
Related Recipe: Try our Chocolate Marshmallow Brownie Cookies!
Mint Chip Chocolate Cookies Recipe
- 16.25 ounces Devil's Food Cake Mix or your favorite flavor, 1 box
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 12 ounces mint chips (or any flavor of chips will work!), 1 bag
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine cake mix (don't use ingredients called for on the back of the box- just use the dry mix), vegetable oil, and eggs.
- Mix until completely incorporated. Fold in the mint chips and drop tablespoonfuls of dough on cookie sheet. Bake for 6-9 minutes (make sure you don't overcook) and remove from oven.
- Move cookies onto wire rack to cool.
- Mixing Bowl
- Cookie Sheet