Baked sloppy joes is an easy family dinner recipe that you can make up and know everyone is going to love. The sloppy joes made with refrigerated biscuits brings a new and tasty twist on the classic ground beef recipe.
Did I also mention that using the biscuits can make this normally super messy dinner a little less messy? When you use the biscuits, they tend to absorb a little bit of the liquid from the beef mixture.
Why is that ideal? Well, with the biscuit taking some of the liquid, more of the meat actually stays on the biscuit, but you don’t lose any of the flavor since you are eating the biscuit too. Talk about a win win!
If you want to add sides with this meal, try making our Baked Seasoned Steak Fries, Ranch Pasta Salad, and 5 Minute Jello Salad are all great choices!
Ingredients Needed For Our Baked Sloppy Joes Recipe:
- Ground beef
- Onion, diced
- Manwich sloppy joe sauce
- Pillsbury grands buttermilk biscuits
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
How To Make Our Baked Sloppy Joes Recipe:
Begin by preheating the oven to 350 degrees.
Then in a medium sized pan, brown the ground beef and onions.
After the beef is cooked all the way through, pour in the Manwich sauce and stir it all together until it is heated all the way through.
Now open up biscuits and flatten out the biscuits (I normally just use my hand) and then add 2 spoonfuls of the sloppy joe mix to one side of the biscuit.
Next, add some of the shredded mozzarella to the meat mixture on the biscuit and then fold the biscuit in half, pinching the sides of the biscuit together to create a half circle.
Then, place the filled biscuit on a cookie sheet and continue with the remaining biscuits.
Once you are done filling the biscuits, place the cookie sheet in the oven for 15 minutes or until the top of the biscuits are golden brown on top.
When they are done, remove them from the oven and serve them with your favorite sides.
Related Recipe: Try our Instant Pot Chicken Sloppy Joes Recipe!
To Make This Budget-friendly Recipe You Will Need:
- Medium pan
- Cookie sheet (THESE work great!)
If you would prefer to use homemade biscuits for this recipe you are more than welcome too and they will turn out delicious.
While making homemade biscuits is not necessarily hard, you need to follow the directions very well in order to get a delicious flaky biscuit. For a great recipe to use, check out Sugar Spun Run’s homemade biscuit recipe.
Want More Easy Dinner Ideas?
Join our email list today and we will send you a FREE ebook of our favorite dinner recipes – plus we will send you recipes each week to help make your dinner planning easier!
Join today by CLICKING HERE.
Have you checked out our YouTube channel? We show you how to make our favorite recipes right in our own kitchens!
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!
Mix Up Dinner with These Delicious Ground Beef Recipes:
- Ground Turkey Sloppy Joes Recipe
- The BEST Instant Pot Sloppy Joes Recipe
- Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joes Sandwich Recipe
- Cornbread Sloppy Joe Casserole Recipe
- Hawaiian Sloppy Joes
- 20 Minute Big Mac Sloppy Joes Recipe
Baked Sloppy Joes Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion diced
- 16 ounces Manwich Sloppy Joe sauce
- 16.3 ounces Pillsbury Grands Buttermilk Biscuits
- 1½ cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Brown your ground beef and onions in a frying pan. When it is cooked through, add your Manwich sauce and stir until it is all heated through.
- Flatten out your biscuits and add 2 spoonfuls of your meat mixture to one side of the biscuit.
- Add some cheese to the top of the meat mixture then fold the biscuit and pinch it closed.
- Place them on a cookie sheet and bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- If you would prefer to use homemade biscuits for this recipe you are more than welcome too and they will turn out delicious.
- Medium Pan
- Cookie Sheet
Be sure to not miss another recipe! Follow Six Sisters’ Stuff on Instagram|Facebook|Pinterest|YouTube
If you made our recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your hard work using #sixsistersstuff.
Questions & Reviews
Happy Valley Chow