These Almond Joy Brownies are so simple to make and full of flavor. I am a huge Almond Joy fan. Not much of an actual almond fan, but the coconut and chocolate mixture is definitely something I can get behind.
I saw a picture of some cookies that were chocolate with coconut on them, and it totally sparked my interest.
I couldn’t find a recipe, so I decided I’d make my own, but with our Fudgy Brownie recipe instead of a cookie base.
Can I just say, I have never been so proud of something I have created? They were out of this world delicious, and I say that as I eat my third one today and type with coconut fingers.
If you need a good chocolatey treat, this is one I highly recommend.
steps to make the perfect almond joy brownies:
- As I said before, the brownie base is our Fudgy Brownie recipe, but we just added a little bit of a different topping and created something beautiful.
- Mix all the brownie ingredients, as instructed in the recipe. It’s important to combine them in the correct order to avoid lumps, and to ensure they cook properly.
- Bake them for the instructed time and temperature, then let them cool before adding the coconut mixture.
- The coconut mixture is extremely easy. All it is, is sweetened coconut (you can use unsweetened, but these already have quite a bit of sugar, that you aren’t saving yourself much), and sweetened condensed milk.
- Mix it together then spread it over the brownies.
- You can then drizzle your brownies with melted chocolate (I just used chocolate chips and melted them in the microwave), and sliced almonds. If you are not an almond fan, you can also go without them.
what could i replace the almonds with?
I am not much of an almond person, but this recipe uses slivered almonds, which are so thin, you can’t even taste them, they just add a little texture and crunch to the brownies.
However, if you want to switch it up, here is what I recommend replacing them with:
- M & M’s
- Chocolate Chips (milk chocolate or white)
- Candy Bar Chunks (Almond Joys would be cute and delicious)
- Chocolate Shavings (milk chocolate or white)
- Macadamia Nuts
- Oreo Cookies (because Oreo’s fix everything).
A delicious shortcut:
I am all about shortcuts when it comes to cooking. I hate taking longer in the kitchen than I need to. If you don’t have time to make brownies from scratch, you could easily make this recipe using boxed brownies.
We still recommend using a 9×13 inch pan, for the brownie to coconut ratio, but boxed brownies would work just as well (not as delicious, but they would definitely work).
Watch how to make another brownie favorite, here:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
These Easy Rocky Road Brownies are so simple and so tasty. If you know a Rocky Road lover, they need this recipe in their life. Watch how simple they are to make, here:
lookin for more brownie recipes?
- Chocolate Cherry Chunk Brownies
- Lunch Lady Brownies
- Hershey’s Cream Cheese Brownies
- Fudgy Avocado Brownies
- Brownies with Buttercream Peanut Butter Frosting
Almond Joy Brownies Recipe
- 8 Tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 cup margarine 2 sticks, (or 1 stick marg and 1 stick butter)
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- pinch of salt
- 2½ cups sweetened coconut
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk 1 can
- ⅓ cup milk chocolate chips melted
- ⅓ cup slivered almonds
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease a 9 x 13 inch baking pan.
- Melt margarine then stir in cocoa.
- Mix sugar and eggs into the mixture.
- Add vanilla, flour, and salt.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Let the brownies cool for about 40 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, combine the coconut and sweetened condensed milk. Stir until well combined.
- Spread the mixture over the cooled brownies.
- Drizzle the melted chocolate over the brownies and top with slivered almonds.
- Let the melted chocolate set, slice the brownies, and serve.
- 9x13-inch Baking Pan
- Microwave Safe Bowl
- Mixing Bowl (2)
Looking to eat healthier? Sign-up to receive a healthy menu plan and shopping list in your inbox every week!
EACH HEALTHY MENU PLAN INCLUDES:
- A WEEK AT A GLANCE
- 6 MAIN DISH RECIPES
- 2 SIDE DISH RECIPES
- 1 SNACK/TREAT RECIPE
- DETAILED SHOPPING LIST
Every recipe in the menu plan is 500 calories or less per serving and includes nutrition information to help you stay on track!
Learn more, view sample menu plans and join HERE!