My husband and I are counting macros, but it can be a little hard to find treats with protein that actually taste good but don’t have too many calories, carbs or fats.
I love baked goods so trying to eat healthier has been so hard for me. I started counting macros to lose baby weight after my 4th baby and it was quite the adjustment at first.
I made these delicious Protein Chocolate Chip Cookies a few months ago, but tweaked them to be lower in calories and fat and added pumpkin to make a healthy fall snack!
How To Make Protein Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies:
I love that these protein cookies are so easy to make so I can whip up a batch, and store in an airtight container to have on hand to eat throughout the week.
Start by preheating the oven to 375 degrees F. In a mixing bowl, beat together pumpkin and Truvia Baking Blend (a low calorie sugar substitute) until fluffy. Beat in eggs and molasses until well combined.
The molasses adds a little flavor to the cookies. I love cookies that are made with a lot of brown sugar, so this mimicked that flavor.
Add vanilla protein powder, salt, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice and whole wheat flour.
Fold in a cup of mini dark chocolate chips until everything is well combined. I like to use Enjoy Life Dark Chocolate Morsels.
You could use whatever mini chocolate chips you prefer, but the nutrition information will vary depending on what brand you use so keep that in mind!
Use a cookie scoop or roll the dough into 36 equal sized balls and place on baking sheets sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
Bake at 375 degrees F. for 8-9 minutes or until the edges start to get golden brown.
Each cookie is around 105 calories, 19 grams of carbs, 3 grams of fat and 4 grams of protein.
The nutrition information will vary depending on what brand of protein you use, etc. I like to create a recipe in My Fitness Pal and scan in the exact ingredients I used in the recipe to get an accurate number for all of the macro nutrients.
Related Recipe: If you love this recipe, try our Homemade Blueberry Protein Pancakes! Each pancake is only 108 calories and has 9 grams of protein! Get the recipe HERE!
The Best Healthy Cookie Recipes:
- Healthy Pumpkin Cookies
- Healthier Zucchini Oatmeal Cookies
- Skinny Banana Cookies
- Skinny Chunky Monkey Cookies
- Skinny Coconut Oatmeal Cookies
Protein Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- ½ cup Truvia Baking Blend
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons molasses
- 1 cup vanilla protein powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2½ cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together pumpkin and Truvia Baking Blend until fluffy.
- Beat in eggs and molasses until well combined.
- Add vanilla protein powder, salt, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice and flour and mix until combined.
- Fold in dark chocolate chips.
- Use a cookie scoop or roll dough into balls and place on a baking sheet sprayed with nonstick cooking spray or lined with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes, or until just golden brown on the edges.
Have you checked out our YouTube channel?