Skinny Coconut Oatmeal Cookies Recipe
All the taste you'd want in a cookie without all the calories!
- ½ cup melted coconut oil
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1½ cups sweetened coconut
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- ¾ cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, combine melted coconut oil, brown sugar, an egg, vanilla, and salt, in a separate bowl mix coconut, oats, and chocolate chips. Pour liquid ingredients over oats and chocolate chips and stir until combined. Clump together or Roll 1 1/2 inch balls and place onto baking sheet *Note that this dough will be very crumbly. Press the dough together as best as you can. They will come together while baking.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until coconut around the edges starts to turn golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let the cookies cool on baking sheet for at least 10 minutes before transferring to cooling rack. The cookies will stay together as soon as the coconut oil cools to hold them.
*Note that this dough will be very crumbly. Press the dough together as best as you can. They will come together while baking.
Calories: 109 kcal · Carbohydrates: 12 g · Protein: 1 g · Fat: 7 g · Saturated Fat: 5 g · Trans Fat: 1 g · Cholesterol: 7 mg · Sodium: 68 mg · Potassium: 52 mg · Fiber: 1 g · Sugar: 6 g · Vitamin A: 10 IU · Calcium: 9 mg · Iron: 1 mg
- Baking Sheet
- parchment paper
Recipe Inspired By: Barefeet In The Kitchen