I have been on the hunt for the best protein cookie recipe for a looooong time. My husband and I are counting macros, but it can be a little hard to find a chocolate chip cookie with protein but doesn’t have too many calories, carbs or fats.
I make these delicious Protein Chocolate Chip cookies when I have a really bad sweet tooth and they always hit the spot!
These Protein Chocolate Chip Cookies are literally the best protein cookie I have ever tasted! I judge a cookie by it’s dough, and as soon as I tasted this cookie dough I knew they would be good.
How To Make Chocolate Chip Cookies with Protein:
Start by creaming together softened butter and Truvia Cane Sugar Blend until it is light and fluffy.
These cookies were still perfectly sweet and I didn’t miss the extra calories they would have had if I were to use regular sugar.
I also added two teaspoons of molasses to add a little flavor to the cookies. I typically love chocolate chip cookies that are made with a lot of brown sugar, so this mimicked that flavor.
I mixed in some vanilla protein powder, salt, baking soda, whole wheat flour and a cup of dark chocolate chips until everything was well combined. I like to use Enjoy Life Dark Chocolate Morsels.
The protein powder you use is totally up to you! If you have a vanilla protein powder you like, then use that.
I use this Muscle Milk Vanilla Protein because I like the flavor of it. This recipe requires 1 cup of DRY vanilla protein powder, so be sure you have enough before you start baking.
Use a cookie scoop or roll the dough into 24 equal sized balls and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
These cookies will take the shape of the dough, as it is a very thick and dense dough. I pressed my cookies down a little bit to flatten them out.
Bake at 375 degrees F. for 8-9 minutes or until the edges start to get golden brown.
Each cookie is around 150 calories, 14 grams of carbs, 9 grams of fat (which could be lowered by substituting butter) and 5 grams of protein.
The Best Healthy Cookie Recipes:
- Healthy Pumpkin Cookies
- Healthier Zucchini Oatmeal Cookies
- Skinny Banana Cookies
- Skinny Chunky Monkey Cookies
- Skinny Coconut Oatmeal Cookies
Protein Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup butter softened
- ½ cup Truvia Baking blend
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons molasses
- 1 cup vanilla protein powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2½ cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together softened butter and Truvia Baking Blend until fluffy.
- Beat in eggs and molasses until well combined.
- Add vanilla protein powder, salt, baking soda and flour and mix until combined.
- Fold in dark chocolate chips.
- Use a cookie scoop or roll dough into balls and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Press down slightly.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes, or until just golden brown.
- Mixing Bowl
- cookie scoop
- parchment paper
- Baking Sheet