I love Ben and Jerry’s Chunky Monkey ice cream. This cookie evolved from it.
This healthy cookie recipe hits the spot. They have only 56 calories a cookie! They don’t have any eggs or flour in them and are so easy to make. If you taste the batter and decide it isn’t sweet enough, a little bit more honey and a little bit of semi-sweet chocolate chips will do the trick (don’t worry, I won’t tell anyone).
Keep in mind that these cookies are from a healthy recipe with natural sweeteners . . . if you are looking for a different kind of chocolate peanut butter cookie, be sure to check out our favorite ones here.
Skinny Chunky Monkey Cookies Recipe
- 3 bananas ripe
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- ¼ cup creamy natural peanut butter
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 4 Tablespoons honey
- dash cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mash bananas in a large bowl, then stir in remaining ingredients.
- Let batter stand for approximately 20 minutes, then drop by heaping spoonfuls onto an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes (these cookies retain their shape and don't spread out on the cookie sheet, so keep that in mind).
Cool completely, then place cookies in a freezer bag. Seal, label, and freeze.
- Baking Sheet
- Mixing Bowl
This post was included in our 10 of the BEST Cookie Recipes video – for more inexpensive and delicious recipes like this one, click here to check it out!