End summer on a tasty note with our no bake Mississippi mud ice cream pie recipe. It might be a mouthful to say, but is one of the best no bake ice cream dessert recipes you have ever had.
My kids always ask for this dessert and devour it when I make it. So, don’t worry there won’t be any leftovers because everyone will love this recipe especially if you are bringing it to a potluck or family get together.
Plus this is a great recipe to make on those super hot summer days to help you cool down with a sweet dessert. Not to mention, since you don’t have to use the oven you won’t have to add to the heat just to make a tasty treat.
We have so many great no bake recipes if you are in need of even more recipes. Make sure to try our No Bake Lemon Ice Box Cake, No Bake Scotcheroo Bars, and a new favorite Nutella No Bake Cookies.
Ingredients Needed Our No Bake Mississippi Mud Ice Cream Pie:
- Oreo cookies
- Melted butter
- Vanilla ice cream
- Hot fudge ice cream topping
- Whipped topping
- Chopped nuts
- Crushed oreos
- Marachino cherries
How To Make Our No Bake Mississippi Mud Ice Cream Pie:
Begin by crushing the package of oreos with either a food processor, blender, or by hand.
Then mix the crushed oreos with the melted butter and press the oreo mixture into a 9×13 inch pan or 2 pie pans.
Allow the vanilla ice cream to soften at room temperature for about 30-35 minutes.
Once it is soft, spread the ice cream over top of the oreo crust and freeze the dish(es) for 2 hours.
The next step is to pour the warm fudge over top of the ice cream layer and pop the pan back in the freezer to let the fridge chill (we’ve found 6-8 hours works best to make sure it’s set up).
Now it is ready to go, so when you are ready to serve the mud pie just pull it from the freezer and top it with your favorite toppings!
To Make This Ice Cream Dessert Recipe You Will Need:
- 9×13 inch pan (THIS one works perfectly!)
- Small mixing bowl
- Microwave safe bowl
Switch Up The Flavors!
You can make this recipe as is, but you can also switch it up by changing the flavor of ice cream you use for this mud pie recipe and even with the toppings you use.
Here is a list of other ice cream flavors you can use:
- Mint Chocolate Chip
- Cookie Dough
- Moose Tracks
- Cookies and Cream
- Cake Batter
- Rocky Road
- Salted Caramel
Make Your Own Ice Cream
There is nothing wrong with buying your favorite ice cream to use for this recipe, but you can also make your own from scratch and use it for this recipe too!
Here is a great recipe by Barefeet In the Kitchen for the Best and Easiest Ice Cream that you can make for this ice cream dessert.
Want More Easy Dinner Ideas?
Join our email list today and we will send you a FREE ebook of our favorite dinner recipes – plus we will send you recipes each week to help make your dinner planning easier!
Join today by CLICKING HERE.
Have you checked out our YouTube channel? We show you how to make our favorite recipes right in our own kitchens!
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!
Keep No Baking With These Scrumptious No Bake Recipes:
- Easy No Bake Peanut Butter Bars Recipe
- No Bake Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies Recipe
- No Bake Sugar Cookie Truffles Recipe
- No Bake Cookie Butter Cookies Recipe
- No Bake Eclair Cake Recipe
- Homemade Fried Ice Cream (without the frying)
No Bake Mississippi Mud Ice Cream Cake Recipe
- 15 ounces Oreo cookies 1 package
- ½ cup butter melted
- ½ gallon vanilla ice cream
- 12 ounces hot fudge ice cream topping divided
- 1 cup whipped topping optional topping
- 2 cups chopped nuts optional topping
- 6 oreos crushed, optional topping
- maraschino cherries optional topping
- Crush the package of Oreo's (with a blender, food processor, or by hand) and mix with melted butter. Press into 9×13" cake pan or 2 pie pans.
- Soften ice cream at room temperature for about 30-35 minutes. Spread ice cream onto the Oreo crust and freeze for 2 hours.
- Pour warm fudge topping over ice cream. Freeze until well chilled (I usually freeze it for about 6-8 hours to make sure that it is set up).
- Cut into serving-size pieces. Top individual pieces with whipped topping, nuts, drizzled hot fudge, and crushed oreos.
- For this recipe, we do not recommend taking out the Oreo middle when making the crust. We prefer to use a food processor to get it thoroughly combined (and it’s quick and easy). But the middles of the cookie help the crust stick a little better, so we recommend keeping it.
- 9×13-inch Baking Pan
- Small Mixing Bowl
- Microwave Safe Bowl
This post was included in our I Can’t Believe These Are NO Bake Desserts video – for more inexpensive and delicious recipes like this one, click here to check it out!
Be sure to not miss another recipe! Follow Six Sisters’ Stuff on Instagram|Facebook|Pinterest|YouTube
If you made our recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your hard work using #sixsistersstuff.
Questions & Reviews
I would love for you to come join me over on my blog: Http://larkscountryheart.blogspot.com
Where I also host a WEEKLY RECIPE LINK PARTY...(Made it on Monday)...Links are open every WED.-SAT.
I hope to see you soon.
Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
Hope you have a great week!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success