The best of both worlds, collide and make this amazing Cheesecake Chocolate Mousse.
This creamy dessert is perfect for impressing guests. It’s fancy, yet simple. My husband has a big chocolate sweet tooth, and I was looking around my fridge and pantry to cure it.
I decided I wanted cheesecake, and he wanted chocolate, so I combined the two. This started the creation of Cheesecake Chocolate Mousse, which I have made 3 times this week.
This recipe requires just a few ingredients and the best part is, you don’t have to whip your own egg whites or cream, because this recipe doesn’t call for them.
It’s so versatile and you can add your own toppings to it. It would be delicious with Oreo crumbles, raspberries, strawberries, brownies, etc.
Make it your own and have fun with it. This is also a fun recipe the kids can help with.
how to make the perfect Cheesecake Chocolate Mousse:
- To start, you are just going to want to cream together the cream cheese and the powdered sugar.
- Sometimes I even just use the hand mixer to soften up the cream cheese (all by itself) then add the powdered sugar and continue to mix them together.
- This will just get rid of lumps and prevent further lumping. You could also soften your cream cheese for about 7 seconds in the microwave, to soften it.
- I am a shortcut person. The less time I have to spend in the kitchen the better because I want to be with my family.
- So don’t judge me for this, but I just use pudding cups for this recipe. You could make your own pudding, but this is fast and still tastes amazing. Nobody will ever guess that you have snack packs in your mousse.
- Also doesn’t it just look delicious? It totally takes me back to my childhood.
- Now for the tricky part, folding in your whipped cream. Do not use your hand mixer for this. If you are using whipped cream from a container (like I did), your whipped cream will lose it’s fluff.
- Simply use a spoon or a bowl scraper, to fold in your whipped cream. If you are making your own whip cream from whipping cream, you won’t have any problem using a hand mixer, but I would not recommend a hand mixer for store bought whip cream.
- Now for the fun part… decorating your mousse. To start, you can use plastic or paper cups, but I like the look of glass cups, so that is what I used.
- You can also pipe your mousse into the cup, but for today, I just spooned it in. For each cup, you will want to add about 1/3-1/2 cup of the mousse. It is pretty rich that I couldn’t even finish my cup, and chocolate mousse is my favorite dessert, so that’s saying something.
- You can then have your little helpers decorate the mousse with whatever toppings you desire.
- I love Oreo on mine, or the hard chocolate shell. My husband loves a few fresh berries on his. You could also just add a little more whipped cream, or chocolate shavings. An Andes mint would also be delicious on this.
watch how to make another cheesecake recipe, here:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
Looking for more delicious desserts? Here are some of our most favorite:
- Lemon Donuts with Blueberry Frosting
- Strawberries and Cream Cake
- Strawberry Nutella Cupcakes
- Key Lime Pie Fudge
- Brownie Mix Cookies
Cheesecake Chocolate Mousse Recipe
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup chocolate pudding
- 2 cups whipped cream
- oreos or other desired topping
- In a bowl, combine the cream cheese and powdered sugar until fully combined and smooth. I used my hand mixer for this part.
- Add the pudding until thoroughly mixed in.
- Fold in the whipped cream gently to keep the mousse fluffy.
- Put the mousse into cups and add Oreo's or desired topping.
- Place in refrigerator until ready to serve.
Looking to eat healthier? Sign-up to receive a healthy menu plan and shopping list in your inbox every week!
EACH HEALTHY MENU PLAN INCLUDES:
- A WEEK AT A GLANCE
- 6 MAIN DISH RECIPES
- 2 SIDE DISH RECIPES
- 1 SNACK/TREAT RECIPE
- DETAILED SHOPPING LIST
Every recipe in the menu plan is 500 calories or less per serving and includes nutrition information to help you stay on track!
Learn more, view sample menu plans and join HERE!