Our lemon raspberry bars recipe is perfect for those that say that lemon is their favorite flavor. They will thank you forever for making these delicious lemon squares.
However, these will not be enjoyed only by those that just love lemon, because they have that wonderful raspberry topping with it and a super delicious and thick crust to accompany this amazing lemon dessert. So, do not pass up trying it!
Lemon bars with graham cracker crust are probably my favorite version of a lemon squares recipe. It gives that added little bit of sweet to pair perfectly with the tart lemon flavor.
For more lemon recipes that you need to try, check out our Easy Lemon Sheet Cake recipe, Lemon Blueberry Breakfast Cake recipe, and you do not want to miss out on our Frozen Raspberry Lemonade Pie recipe. I am getting hungry just thinking about these amazing lemon desserts.
Ingredients Needed For Our Lemon Raspberry Bars Recipe:
- Graham cracker crumbs
- Salted butter
- Egg yolk
- Fat free sweetened condensed milk
- Fresh lemon juice
- Fresh raspberries (frozen can work too, but will need to be thawed)
How To Make Our Lemon Raspberry Bars Recipe:
Begin by preheating your oven to 350 degrees.
Then grease a 8×8 inch pan with nonstick spray, and set it aside for later.
Now, in a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, melted salted butter, sugar, and the lemon zest from one lemon.
Stir everything until the graham cracker crumbs become moist.
Then, press the crust mixture into the bottom of the prepared 8×8 inch pan and have the crust go up the side about 1 inch.
After you have done that, put the pan in the oven and bake the crust for 10 minutes.
When the 10 minutes is up, pull the pan from the oven and let the crust cool to room temperature.
Once the crust has cooked, mix together the egg yolks and condensed milk in a medium mixing bowl until they are well mixed.
Then, stir in the lemon juice and lemon zest. Continue stirring until the mixture begins to thicken slightly.
Next, gently fold in the raspberries into the lemon mixture. If you are too rough the raspberries will break.
When you are done, pour the lemon raspberry filling into the graham cracker crust and bake it for another 15 minutes or until the filling is set.
Allow the lemon bars to cool down to room temperature and then chill them in the fridge for at least 1 hour before serving them.
PRO TIP: Allowing the bars to cool to room temperature keeps the filling from splitting when you put it in the fridge.
Then, just cut them into bars and serve them cold!
Store the bar in the fridge in either an airtight container or the 8×8 pan covered for up to 5 days.
To Make This Potluck Dessert Recipe You Will Need:
- Medium mixing bowl (2)
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 8×8 inch pan (THIS one is great!)
DIY Sweetened Condensed Milk
While I know buying sweetened condensed milk from the grocery store would be easier, but if you don’t happen to have any on hand, it might be easier to make your own instead of going to the grocery store!
Add A Pinch has a great homemade sweetened condensed milk recipe that you can with all of the necessary ingredients in your fridge or pantry!
Can I Use Other Fruit in this Lemon Raspberry Bar Recipe?
Yes! You do not only have to use raspberries. You can substitute them with blueberries, blackberries, or diced strawberries.
Or, if you aren’t a fan of fruit in your dessert, you can always omit it too!
Want More Easy Dinner Ideas?
Join our email list today and we will send you a FREE ebook of our favorite dinner recipes – plus we will send you recipes each week to help make your dinner planning easier!
Join today by CLICKING HERE
Have you checked out our YouTube channel? We show you how to make our favorite recipes right in our own kitchens!
Our most popular cookbook – Dinner Made Easy – is all about quick, easy, and delicious family dinner entrees. We did all the organization, all the taste-testing with picky kids, and all the hacks to cut the prep time so that you can focus on spending more time with your family
The complete family meal game plan in this cookbook is arranged in seven popular categories:
- 30 Minutes or Less
- 5 Ingredients or Less
- Pantry Essentials
- Slow Cooker
- Freezer Meals One Pan, One Pot
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
DINNER MADE EASY with Six Sisters’ Stuff <—– Click here to order!
More Delicious Lemon Recipes You Need to Make
- The Best Homemade Lemon Bars Recipe
- Easy Lemon Monkey Bread Recipe
- Lemon Bar Cookie Cups Recipe
- No Bake Lemon Ice Box Cake
- Glazed Strawberry Lemonade Cake Mix Cookies
- Layered Lemon Dessert
Lemon Raspberry Bars Recipe
- 1½ cups graham cracker crumbs
- 6 Tablespoons salted butter melted
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 lemon zested
- 2 large eggs just yolks
- 14 ounces fat free sweetened condensed milk 1 can
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 6 ounces fresh raspberries (you could use frozen, just thaw them)
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Spray a 8×8" baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, sugar, and lemon zest. Stir until graham cracker crumbs are moist.
- Press crumbs into the prepared pan, pressing the crust mixture one inch up the side of the pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Once the crust is cool, combine the egg yolks and condensed milk until well mixed. Stir in the lemon juice and lemon zest. Stir until mixture begins to slightly thicken. Gently fold in the raspberries. Fold carefully so you don't break the raspberries.
- Pour the lemon raspberry filling evenly over the graham cracker crust. Bake for 15 minutes, or until just set.
- Cool to room temperature, then chill for at least one hour before serving. Cut into bars and serve. Keep bars in the refrigerator-up to five days.
- 8×8-inch baking pan
- Medium Mixing Bowl (2)
Be sure to not miss another recipe! Follow Six Sisters’ Stuff on Instagram|Facebook|Pinterest|YouTube
If you made our recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your hard work using #sixsistersstuff.
Questions & Reviews
I would love for you to link this up at my weekend Link Party, Once Upon a Weekend. This weekend is my first-ever party, and I am so hoping people will participate! :)
Here?s the link if you?re interested:
Also, if you have a list of favorite link parties, I?d love to be included on Fridays. Thanks a ton!
I hope to see you there!