I am always looking for fresh and light dessert for the summer time and this layered lemon delight hits the nail on the head. It is soo good. It’s actually a very popular dessert recipe of ours. After you try it, it might even become your favorite family dessert recipe!
My mom used to make something like it all the time during the summer, a similar type of layered lemon dessert. I wanted to remake it with a little bit more of a crunch which is where the chopped pecans come into play.
The pecans give this recipe even more depth to the flavor profiles. It makes it so tasty, that it’s hard to only have one piece of the lemon delight dessert.
Ingredients Needed For This Layered Lemon Delight Recipe:
- Chopped pecans
- Cream cheese
- Powdered sugar
- Cool Whip
- Lemon instant pudding mix
How To Make This Layered Lemon Delight Recipe:
When making this layered lemon dessert begin by preheating the oven to 375 degrees.
Then in a medium-sized mixing bowl combine the flour, ½ of the chopped pecans, and the softened butter and mix everything together until it is well combined.
Now, gently press the flour and pecan mix into the bottom of an 11×8 inch baking dish. Make sure to press it out until it reaches each side.
Then, bake the crust in the oven until it is lightly browned. This should take about 15 minutes or so.
Once the crust is done, let it sit for a bit to let it cool down.
While the crust is cooling, beat the softened cream cheese in a medium mixing bowl with a hand mixer on medium speed until it is soft and fluffy.
Next, add in the confectioners’ sugar (aka powdered sugar) and continue beating it together until the mix becomes light and fluffy again.
Now, add in one cup of the cool whip to the cream cheese mixture and fold it in gently until it is well combined.
Once that is done and the crust has cooled off, spread the cream filling over top of the crust evenly.
Next you need to combine the lemon instant pudding mix and the milk together in a medium bowl and beat it with a hand mixer until it has thickened up.
Spread the lemon pudding mix over top of the cream cheese layer evenly.
Now just use the remaining cool whip to create the final creamy layer.
Then sprinkle the remaining chopped pecans on top and let the layered dessert chill, covered in the fridge for at least an hour.
Also be sure to store this in the fridge when it is not being served.
To Make This Popular Dessert Recipe You Will Need:
- 11×8 inch baking dish (THIS one works great and is super cute!)
- Hand mixer
- Aluminum foil
ADD A PREPARE/MENU PLAN CALLOUT HERE
Dairy Free Pudding…Is it Possible?!
While there are a lot of tricks to turn a recipe with dairy into something dairy free. However, pudding seems to be a difficult one.
But, Lindsay at Lindsay Blogs, find out the perfect way! Check out her blog about making almond milk pudding!
Want More Easy Dinner Ideas?
Join our email list today and we will send you a FREE ebook of our favorite dinner recipes – plus we will send you recipes each week to help make your dinner planning easier!
Join today by CLICKING HERE.
Have you checked out our YouTube channel? We show you how to make our favorite recipes right in our own kitchens!
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!
More Delectable Lemon Dessert Recipes You Need to Make:
- Lemon Blueberry Breakfast Cake Recipe
- Frozen Raspberry Lemonade Pie Recipe
- The Best Homemade Lemon Bars Recipe
- Easy Lemon Monkey Bread Recipe
- No Bake Lemon Ice Box Cake (Eclair Cake) Recipe
- Frozen Lemon Fluff Dessert
Layered Lemon Dessert (Lemon Delight) Recipe
- 1 cup flour
- ¾ cup chopped pecans
- ½ cup butter softened
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 8 ounces Cool Whip thawed, divided
- 2 (3.4 ounce) lemon instant pudding mix
- 2 ⅔ cups milk
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Combine flour, 1/2 cup pecans and butter in a medium bowl and mix well. Press onto the bottom of an 11 x 8-inch baking dish. Bake until lightly browned, about 15 minutes. Let stand to cool.
- Place cream cheese in a medium bowl. Beat with an electric mixer set at medium speed until fluffy. Add confectioners' sugar and beat until mixture is light and fluffy.
- Add 1 cup whipped topping to cream cheese mixture and fold in gently. Spread over cooled crust.
- Combine pudding mix and milk in a medium bowl. Beat until thickened. Spread on top of cream cheese layer. Top with the remaining whipped topping. Sprinkle with remaining pecans. Chill, covered, for 1 hour. Store any leftovers in the refrigerator.
- Be sure to store this in the fridge when it is not being served.
- 8 x 11 baking dish
- Hand mixer
- Aluminum Foil
If you made our recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your hard work using #sixsistersstuff.