My husband loves anything lemon flavored. I think his absolute favorite dessert is our Gooey Lemon Bars.
Sometimes he requests lemon bars over cake for his birthday!
I wanted to whip up a quick after school snack for the kids and surprise my husband with something lemony and sweet, and these Lemon Cake Mix Cool Whip Cookies fit the bill.
You could easily make these cookies with any other flavor of cake mix if lemon isn’t your thing. We have made these cookies using a strawberry cake mix for Valentine’s Day or a devil’s food cake mix if we were in the mood for something chocolatey and they have all been delicious.
How to Make Cake Mix Cool Whip Cookies:
You won’t believe how easy it is to make these cookies, but be sure to read the directions so you don’t have any problems.
This cookie dough is very sticky, so it does require some time in the refrigerator as well as using a spoon rather than your hands to handle the dough.
Add the cake mix and beat until well combined then place the bowl of dough in the fridge for 30 minutes.
Take the dough out of the refrigerator and drop the cookie dough by teaspoons (or using a small cookie scoop) into a bowl containing the powdered sugar.
Coat the dough in powdered sugar using a spoon until it is completely covered, then you can use your hands to roll it into a ball.
These cookies do flatten out quite a bit, so be sure to keep the balls of cookie dough around the size of a teaspoon.
Place cookie dough on a baking sheet that has been sprayed generously with nonstick cooking spray or lined with a silicone baking mat.
Bake at 350 degrees for 9-11 minutes, or until the edges are slightly golden brown.
Our Newest Cookbook
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!
check out these easy and delicious cookie recipes:
- Cookies and Cream Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies
- Soft Vanilla Sugar Cookies
- Chocolate Rolo Cookies
- Peanut Butter Reese’s Cookie Cups
- Lemon Cheesecake Pudding Cookies
Lemon Cake Mix Cool Whip Cookies Recipe
- 8 ounces frozen cool whip topping thawed
- 2 eggs
- 18.25 ounces lemon cake mix 1 package
- ⅓ cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray or line with a silicone baking mat; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together Cool Whip and eggs.
- Add the cake mix and mix until combined. The dough will be extremely sticky.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Drop cookie dough by teaspoons into a bowl containing the powdered sugar and roll to coat.
- Once the dough is completely coated in powdered sugar, it will be easier to roll into a ball.
- Place cookie dough on prepared baking sheet and bake for 9-11 minutes, or until the edges are slightly golden brown.
- These cookies will flatten out, so be sure to keep each ball of cookie dough to around the size of one teaspoon.
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Non-stick Cooking Spray
- Baking Sheet
Be sure to not miss another recipe!
DID YOU KNOW WE HAVE A YOUTUBE CHANNEL?
We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
Each recipe is tried and true, so you know your family will love them. Even the picky eaters will go crazy for these recipes.
We’ve got you covered from desserts, snacks, appetizers, main dishes, side dishes, drinks, and everything in-between.