Serves: 16 people
Gooey Lemon Bars Recipe
They are my favorite lemon bar ever- I think it’s the lemon frosting on top. If you are a lemon-lover like myself, you have to give these a try!
- 1 box lemon cake mix
- ½ cup butter
- 1 egg slightly beaten
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 4 Tablespoons butter softened
- lemon juice
- 3-5 drops yellow food coloring
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine all of the ingredients for the cake layer in a mixing bowl. Press down in a 9x13-inch baking pan sprayed with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large bowl combine powdered sugar and butter.
- Add enough lemon juice to form the consistency of a thick frosting.
- Beat in cream cheese and yellow food coloring until smooth.
- Set aside 1 cup of frosting to spread on top after baking (be sure to not skip this step!).
- Add eggs to remaining frosting mixture and beat until fluffy.
- Spread on top of cake mix in the pan and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until barely golden brown.
- Let cool completely and then spread reserved frosting mixture on top and serve.
Calories: 324 kcal · Carbohydrates: 23 g · Protein: 3 g · Fat: 14 g · Saturated Fat: 9 g · Trans Fat: 1 g · Cholesterol: 69 mg · Sodium: 333 mg · Potassium: 34 mg · Sugar: 34 g · Vitamin A: 500 IU · Calcium: 84 mg · Iron: 1 mg
I am hands-down a chocolate dessert lover, but I have a special place in my heart for all things lemon. 🙂 My mom has been making these lemon bars for a long time and she always gets requests to bring them to parties or showers. They are my favorite lemon bar ever- I think it’s the lemon frosting on top. If you are a lemon-lover like myself, you have to give these a try!
Related recipe: love lemon bars? Then you’ll love our Lemon Bar Cookie Cups!
Supplies needed for this recipe:
Here are a few of our favorites:
Orange Crush Cupcakes
Strawberry Shortcake Sheet Cake
Oatmeal Creme Pies
Funfetti Cookie Cups