Get ready for some intensely delicious flavor from our Instant Pot Texas Roadhouse pot roast recipe! It is a great pot roast recipe for the Instant Pot that you can make with everyday ingredients.
With our Texas Roadhouse copycat recipe, you might just find yourself replacing your old roast recipe. This Texas pot roast Instant Pot recipe is truly what dreams are made of. Even our picky eater loves to chow down with no complaints.
Dare I even say this recipe is requested for dinner when I ask what special dinner my family wants. So it has become a family favorite recipe made at least once a month if not more.
Plus I love to make us feel like we are actually at the true Texas Roadhouse restaurant by serving this roast with the ever popular Texas Roadhouse rolls, garlic parmesan mashed potatoes, Mom’s baked beans, Instant Pot mashed potatoes, oven roasted green beans, and of course our Olive Garden fresh garden salad. Pick your favorite or make it all! Either way you will be getting a great meal.
Ingredients You Need to Make Our Instant Pot Texas Roadhouse Pot Roast Recipe:
- Beef broth
- Beef chuck roast
- Garlic powder
- Diced onion
- Diced orange bell pepper
- Diced celery stalks
- Mince garlic
- Tomato sauce
- BBQ sauce
- Worcestershire sauce
- Beef bouillon cubes
- Dried thyme
- Dried rosemary
How To Make Our Instant Pot Texas Roadhouse Pot Roast Recipe:
When you are ready to make this Texas Roadhouse copycat recipe, start by pouring the beef broth into the bottom of the Instant Pot.
Then, take the chuck roast out of the packaging and season all of the sides with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
After the roast has been well seasoned, place it in the bottom of the Instant Pot along with placing the diced onions, diced green peppers, diced celery, and minced garlic on the roast and all around it in the Instant Pot.
Next you will pour the tomato sauce, BBQ sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and bouillon cubes on top of the roast.
Once all of the sauce has been added to the roast, top it with the dried thyme and rosemary.
Now, place the lid on top of the Instant Pot and then make sure the valve is in the SEALING position.
After the lid is set, press the MANUAL or PRESSURE COOK button and set the timer for 65 minutes.
COOKING NOTE: We pick the time based on the weight of the meat. You will cook the meat for 20-25 minutes per pound of meat.
After the timer is done, let the Intant Pot do a NATURAL RELEASE of the pressure in the Instant Pot. You will know it has all been released after the pin drops down.
Feel free to let the roast sit in the Instant Pot on the warm setting for a few hours as it will only add to the tenderness of the roast!
Once you are ready to serve, remove the roast from the Instant Pot, slice it, and serve it with your favorite sides!
To Make Texas Roadhouse Copycat Recipe You Will Need:
- Instant Pot (THIS is a wonderful Instant Pot)
- Cutting board
What Kind of Roast Cooks Best for Pot Roast?
We like to use a chuck roast or rump roast – they are not only less expensive, but cook awesome in the Instant Pot.
Tasting Table gives you even more in-depth information on the cuts of meat to use for pot roast if chuck or rump roast is not available to you!
How Long Do You Cook a Pot Roast For In the Instant Pot?
When it comes to beef pot roasts, we like to cook them for 20 mins per pound in the Instant Pot. If the roast is frozen, we will cook it for 30-35 mins per pound.
What Else Can You Make with Pot Roast?
You can use pot roast in many ways! Here are some of my favorite things to make with a pot roast:
- Baked Shredded Beef Chimichangas Recipe
- Instant Pot Shredded Beef Enchiladas Recipe
- Shredded Beef and Sweet Potato Tacos
- Slow Cooker Shredded Beef Tacos Recipe
Want More Easy Dinner Ideas?
Join our email list today and we will send you a FREE ebook of our favorite dinner recipes – plus we will send you recipes each week to help make your dinner planning easier!
Join today by CLICKING HERE.
Have you checked out our YouTube channel? We show you how to make our favorite recipes right in our own kitchens!
Our latest cookbook – Six Ingredients with Six Sisters’ Stuff – is all about using a few ingredients to make a delicious dinner! With only 6 ingredients or less per recipe in this cookbook, cooking has never been easier!
Whether you are a cook just starting out or a busy parent looking to save time in the kitchen, this cookbook is for you! It’s full of entrees, side dishes, and desserts.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
SIX INGREDIENTS with Six Sisters’ Stuff <—– Click here to order!
Love cooking as much as we do? Join our FREE private Facebook Group: Six Sisters’ Dinner Club!
The Perfect Quick and Easy Side Dishes to Make for Dinner!
- Instant Pot Sweet Potato Casserole Recipe
- Air Fryer Parmesan Broccoli Recipe
- Slow Cooker Corn On The Cob Recipe
- Ranch Pasta Salad (Easy Side Dish) Recipe
- Honey Dijon Brussels Sprouts Recipe
- Instant Pot Refried Beans Recipe (Restaurant Style)
- 30 Minute Homemade Rolls Recipe
Instant Pot Texas Roadhouse Pot Roast Recipe
- 2 cups beef broth
- 3 pound beef chuck roast
- salt and pepper, to taste (about a teaspoon of each)
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder (more or less to taste)
- 1 onion diced
- 1 orange bell pepper diced
- 3 stalks of celery diced
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- ½ cup BBQ Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon dried rosemary
- Pour beef broth into the Instant Pot.
- Season all sides of the roast with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Place roast in the bottom of the Instant Pot.
- Add in onions, peppers, celery, and garlic on top of and all around the roast.
- Pour tomato sauce, BBQ sauce, and Worcestershire sauce on top of roast. Then place bouillon cubes on top of roast with thyme and rosemary.
- Place the lid on top of the Instant Pot and move the valve to SEALING. Press the PRESSURE COOK (MANUAL) button and set timer for 65 minutes (or 20-25 minutes per pound, depending on the size of your roast).
- When the timer is done, let the pressure do a NATURAL RELEASE and then let the roast sit on warm for at least 1 hour (I sometimes will let it sit on warm in the Instant Pot for 3-5 hours, just to let it really get tender).
- Remove roast from Instant Pot and slice into pieces (it should pretty much fall apart by this point).
- Serve with mashed potatoes and gravy on the side and of course with Texas Roadhouse Rolls. 🙂
- When it comes to beef pot roasts, we like to cook them for 20 mins per pound in the Instant Pot. If the roast is frozen, we will cook it for 30-35 mins per pound.
- Instant Pot
- Cutting Board
If you made our recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your hard work using #sixsistersstuff.