Our Instant Pot Mississippi pot roast is one of the best pot roast recipes you’ll make!
It is a great Instant Pot recipe for a lazy weekend or a busy weeknight!
Make this recipe once and it’ll turn into a new favorite family dinner recipe.
It is also a great recipe for Instant Pot beginners.
There are only a few steps to do and you have some of the most tender pieces of meat, filled with amazing flavor.
Ingredients Needed For Our Instant Pot Mississippi Pot Roast:
- Olive oil
- Chuck beef roast
- Beef broth
- Pepperoncini juice
- Packet of dry ranch dressing seasoning mix
- Brown gravy mix
- Pepperoncini peppers
How To Make Our Instant Pot Mississippi Pot Roast:
Get out your Instant Pot, plug it in, and press the SAUTE button and allow the inner pot of the Instant Pot to heat up.
Then, add in the olive oil and let that heat up.
Once the oil is hot, place the beef roast inside, and let it sear on one side for 4 minutes and then using tongs, flip it over to the other side and let it sear on the other side for another 4 minutes.
After the beef is done searing, pour in the beef broth and then use a wooden spatula to scrape off any of the pieces of beef stuck to the pot.
PRO TIP: This will keep the Instant Pot from giving you the BURN signal, but leave the pieces in there because they also hold a lot of flavor.
Next, pour in the pepperoncini juice and sprinkle the dry ranch dressing mix and brown gravy mix on top of the beef roast.
Once that is done, place the peppers on top of and around the beef roast, and then place the pieces of butter on top of the roast.
When that is all set, place the lid on the Instant Pot and turn the valve to the SEALING position.
Now press the MANUAL or PRESSURE COOK button and set the timer for 60 minutes (or 20 minutes per pound of beef you bought).
When the timer runs out let the Instant Pot do a natural release of the pressure. This will take about 20 or so minutes.
Then, remove the beef from the inner pot, and either shred it or slice the beef and serve it warm!
To Make This Instant Pot Recipe You Will Need:
- Instant Pot (THIS is a great choice!)
- Wooden spatula
- Cutting board
- Liquid measuring cup
Make Your Own Gravy Mix!
If you love making things from scratch and learning new things to make, try to make your own gravy mix for this recipe. Plus it is always good to know for the holidays too!
Take a look at the Hillbilly Housewife’s Brown Gravy Mix recipe, and let us know how you like it in this recipe!
Related Recipe: Try our Instant Pot Mississippi Chicken Sandwiches for an easy week night dinner!
Want More Easy Dinner Ideas?
Have you checked out our YouTube channel? We show you how to make our favorite recipes right in our own kitchens!
Our newest cookbook is all about Pressure Cooking. If you love our Instant Pot recipes, this is the cookbook for you!
Each simple and delicious recipe contains clear instructions for prep and specific pressure cooking times from start to ready-to-serve.
Order your copy today!
INSTANT COOKING with Six Sisters’ Stuff <—– Click here to order!
How to turn this into a freezer meal:
Add all ingredients to a gallon-sized freezer bag. Place freezer bag into freezer and it will last up to 60 days.
When ready to use, dump ingredients from bag into Instant Pot and add 1 cup of beef broth in with the frozen food.
Place the lid on top, move the valve to SEALING, and press the MANUAL button. Set timer for 90 minutes (or 30-35 minutes per pound of your roast).
Do a NATURAL RELEASE when the timer is done – I even like to let it sit in the Instant Pot for a few hours so that it falls apart so easily. Follow the rest of the instructions as written.
Looking for more freezer meals just like this? Click here for our top 100 Instant Pot Freezer Meals!
Make These Delicious Roast Recipes!
- Melt in Your Mouth Slow Cooker Pot Roast Recipe
- Instant Pot Italian Beef Roast Recipe
- Slow Cooker Sunday Dinner Pot Roast and Gravy Recipe
- Slow Cooker Parmesan Honey Pork Roast Recipe
- Three Envelope Pot Roast Sliders Recipe
- Slow Cooker Perfect Pot Roast and Homemade Gravy
Instant Pot Mississippi Pot Roast Recipe
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 3 pounds beef chuck roast or rump roast (a rump roast usually has more fat, so it falls apart even more easily)
- ¾ cup beef broth
- ½ cup pepperoncini juice (from the jar of pepperoncinis)
- 1 ounce dry ranch seasoning mix 1 packet
- 1 ounce brown gravy mix 1 packet
- 8 whole pepperoncini peppers
- 2 Tablespoons butter cut into small pieces
- Press SAUTE button on Instant Pot and allow pot to heat up.
- Add olive oil and let it heat up for 1-2 minutes.
- Add beef roast and sear on one side for 4 minutes. Flip roast over and sear other side for 4 minutes.
- Pour beef broth in the bottom and use a wooden spoon or spatula to scrape and loosen any cooked bits on the bottom of the pan (but keep them in the pan because they will add so much flavor!).
- Pour in the pepperoncini juice and sprinkle both the dry ranch dressing mix and dry brown gravy mix on top of the roast.
- Add the peppers (put on top of and around the roast) and butter on top of the roast.
- Put your lid on the pot and put the VALVE on sealing (not venting). Press the MANUAL (or PRESSURE COOK) button and set timer for 60 minutes (or 20 minutes per pound of your roast).
- When timer is finished, let pressure do a NATURAL RELEASE (it will take at least 20 minutes).
- Shred or slice roast (it should fall apart pretty easily) and serve.
- If you love making things from scratch and learning new things to make, try to make your own gravy mix for this recipe.
- Instant Pot
- Wooden Spatula
- Cutting Board
If you made our recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your hard work using #sixsistersstuff.