After our youngest sister got married, she mentioned that she wanted to master how to make the perfect pot roast.
As the oldest sister, I took it upon myself to show her my ways and all that I have learned after almost 18 years of marriage . . . this is my go-to Pot Roast that is perfect for Sunday dinner.
So, from one sister to another (and anyone else who wants to make the Perfect Pot Roast) – this recipe is for you!
Serve this roast with our Make-Ahead Mashed Potatoes! To round out the complete dinner, you could make our 30 Minute Homemade Rolls Recipe, this Layered Green Salad Recipe, and a yummy dessert to serve at the end of the meal. 🙂
You can find the Instant Pot Version of this Perfect Pot Roast Recipe HERE!
Ingredients needed for this Perfect Pot Roast:
- 3-4 pound beef pot roast (I prefer a chuck roast or rump roast, but any kind will work)
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt (more to taste – be generous)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper (more to taste – be generous)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt (more or less to taste)
- 1 onion, roughly chopped into large pieces
- 1 pound baby carrots3 stalks celery, roughly chopped into large pieces
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups beef broth
- 3 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme (more or less to taste)
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves (more or less to taste)
- 3-4 cups drippings (liquid) from the slow cooker after roast is done cooking
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 3 Tablespoons flour