Our recipe for Copycat PF Chang’s Chicken Lettuce Wraps have quickly become one of our most popular dishes.
This recipe is an awesome copycat recipe that you can make at home in a matter of minutes.
These Chicken Lettuce Wraps are low in carbs and high in protein, making them a delicious and healthy choice for lunch or dinner; they would also make a delicious appetizer.
Ingredients needed for Copycat PF Chang’s Chicken Lettuce Wraps:
The list of ingredients might seem long, but they are simple ingredients that you probably have on hand. I shared some of my favorite substitutions below.
- ground chicken (if your grocery store doesn’t carry ground chicken, you can use ground turkey)
- olive oil
- soy sauce (I used reduced-sodium soy sauce)
- teriyaki sauce (my favorite brand is the Kikkoman brand)
- rice wine vinegar (you can substitute apple cider vinegar)
- mushrooms (I just used fresh sliced mushrooms)
- water chestnuts (if you don’t like these, you can leave them out, but I do like the crunch that they provide)
- green onion
- fresh ginger (see my comments about fresh ginger below)
- salt, pepper, and garlic salt to taste
Related recipe: if you love lettuce wraps, try our Chicken Lime Lettuce Wraps!
What kind of lettuce should you use for lettuce wraps?
When I make lettuce wraps, I prefer to use butter lettuce because the leaves are soft and easier to “wrap” around the meat. They are also the perfect size for holding in your hand.
However, a lot of people love iceberg lettuce because it is so crisp and adds a nice texture. It is also a little harder to roll. Boston lettuce is also a great choice that many people love.
Click here to watch and see how to cut lettuce into “cups” so that it’s the perfect shape for lettuce wraps.
How to make Copycat PF Chang’s Chicken Lettuce Wraps:
Cook ground chicken in a pan until cooked through.
Add the olive oil, soy sauce, teriyaki sauce, rice wine vinegar, mushrooms, onion, green onion, water chestnuts, ginger, garlic, salt and pepper, and garlic salt until the onions are tender and clear.
Continue stirring until everything is fully incorporated.
Remove from heat and serve in lettuce leaves.
If you love copycat recipes . . .
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!
Other Asian dishes you will love:
- Chinese Chicken Fried Rice (Better Than Takeout!)
- Korean Beef and Rice
- Sesame Asian Steak Skewers
- Cashew Chicken
- Ground Turkey Egg Roll Skillet
- Asian Beef and Snow Peas
Copycat PF Chang’s Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- 1 ½ pounds ground chicken (or ground turkey)
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- ⅓ cup low-sodium soy sauce
- ⅓ cup low-sodium teriyaki sauce
- ¼ cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 cup mushrooms (diced)
- ½ cup yellow onion (diced)
- ¼ cup green onions (diced)
- ½ cup water chestnuts (can leave out if desired)
- dash of ground ginger (can leave out if desired)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 18 lettuce leaves
- Cook ground chicken in a large skillet on the stove top until cooked through.
- Add the olive oil, soy sauce, teriyaki sauce, rice wine vinegar, mushrooms, onion, green onion, water chestnuts, ginger, garlic, salt and pepper, and garlic salt until the onions are tender and clear.
- Continue stirring until everything is fully incorporated and warmed through.
- Remove from heat and serve in lettuce leaves.
- If you can’t find ground chicken, ground turkey or ground beef are great substitutes.
- If you don’t like lettuce, you can also wrap the meat mixture in a tortilla or even a cabbage leaf. It would also be delicious served on a salad.
- Large Skillet