We love grilling all summer long. I love cooking, eating and spending time with my family outside.
I am not great with the grill. I don’t know what it is that intimidates me about it, so I do all the prep work and leave the actual grilling to my husband.
Steak is our favorite type of meat to grill because it is a little more forgiving than other types of meat when it comes to grilling.
My favorite part about these Steak Fajita Kabobs was the delicious, homemade fajita seasoning that you toss the meat in. It gives them so much flavor!
My husband’s favorite part was the homemade Avocado Sour Cream Sauce to dip the kabobs in.
These easy steak kabobs were probably the most delicious thing to come off our grill so far this season! We hope you love them as much as we do.
How To Make Steak Fajita Kabobs:
These Grilled Steak Fajita Kabobs are so full of flavor and pair perfectly with a homemade Avocado Sour Cream Sauce for dipping.
While the grill is heating to high heat, start by cutting sirloin steak into bite-sized pieces and putting them in a large mixing bowl.
Drizzle olive oil over the top of the steak and toss to coat the beef in the oil.
In a separate small mixing bowl, combine chili powder, cumin, salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder and onion powder.
Pour seasoning over steak and toss until meat is evenly coated in seasoning.
Prepare your vegetables by cutting your green bell pepper, red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper and onion into bite-sized pieces.
Thread steak, peppers and onions onto skewers alternating between meat and vegetables.
Grill for 8-10 minutes, turning halfway through cooking, until you meat reaches desired doneness.
While the kabobs are grilling, make the Avocado Sour Cream Sauce by adding avocado, sour cream, minced garlic, lime juice, salt and pepper to a blender.
Blend until completely smooth, then pour into a small bowl for serving.
Serve grilled Steak Fajita Kabobs with Avocado Sour Cream Sauce for dipping.
You could also serve the grilled steak and peppers in tortillas and top it with the sauce for more of an actual “fajita.”
However you serve them up, we know you’ll love these Steak Fajita Kabobs!
Weekly Menu Plans
Looking to eat healthier? Sign-up to receive a healthy menu plan and shopping list in your inbox every week!
EACH HEALTHY MENU PLAN INCLUDES:
- A WEEK AT A GLANCE
- 6 MAIN DISH RECIPES
- 2 SIDE DISH RECIPES
- 1 SNACK/TREAT RECIPE
- DETAILED SHOPPING LIST
Every recipe in the menu plan is 500 calories or less per serving and includes nutrition information to help you stay on track!
Learn more, view sample menu plans and join HERE!
The Best Grilled Steak Recipes:
- Easy Grilled Steak Marinade
- Steak Burrito Bowls
- Sesame Asian Steak Kabobs
- How To Grill the Perfect Steak
- Juicy Marinated Steak
Fajita Steak Kabobs with Avocado Sour Cream Sauce Recipe
- 2 pounds sirloin steak (cut into bite-sized pieces)
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 red bell pepper (cut into bite-sized pieces)
- 1 green bell pepper (cut into bite-sized pieces)
- 1 yellow bell pepper (cut into bite-sized pieces)
- 1 onion (cut into bite-sized pieces)
Avocado Sour Cream
- 2 avocados (halved and pitted)
- 1 cup fat free sour cream
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 Tablespoons lime juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat grill to high heat.
- Cut steak into bite-sized pieces and place in a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- Pour olive oil over steak and toss until evenly coated.
- In a small bowl, combine chili powder, cumin, salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder and onion powder.
- Sprinkle seasoning on top of steak and toss to coat; set aside.
- Cut peppers and onion into bite-sized pieces.
- Thread alternating steak, peppers, and onions onto skewers.
- Grill for 8-10 minutes, turning throughout cooking, until you meat reaches desired doneness.
- To make the avocado sour cream, add avocado, sour cream, minced garlic, lime juice, salt and pepper to a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Serve grilled skewers with avocado sour cream, for dipping.
- Medium Mixing Bowl
- small bowl
Have you checked out our YouTube channel?
If you love grilled steak, be sure to try our Steak Burrito Bowls. Watch how easy they are to make below: