I fell in love with this Instant Pot dump and go meatball soup after one taste. It is by far one of the best budget-friendly dinner recipes you can make that is also a freezer meal recipe.
So even if you aren’t needing to make this recipe quite yet, make sure you save it to make it either during your mad dash for meal prep, or when you’re at the end of the month and nothing sounds good. Believe me, we’ve all had those days and it’s not fun.
But, with this easy dump and go recipe, even when you aren’t feeling like making dinner, you can throw everything into your Instant Pot with little to no preparation and enjoy a fantastic meal.
Do you need more recipes like this meatball soup recipe? Then make sure you take a look at our list of 100 freezer meals to get even more great ideas for dinners.
Ingredients You’ll Need For Our Instant Pot Dump and Go Meatball Soup Recipe:
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Garlic cloves
- Beef broth
- Tomato paste
- Ranch dressing mix
- Crushed tomatoes
- Frozen meatballs
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Green onion
How To Make Our Instant Pot Dump and Go Meatball Soup Recipe:
Let’s begin making this super simple, yet delicious dinner recipe by getting out your Instant Pot.
Then press the SAUTE button and let it heat up.
Once the screen says HOT add the oil and the butter to the inner pot.
Now, add in the diced onions and allow them to cook for 2-3 minutes until they become translucent.
When the onions are ready, add in the minced garlic and saute it together for another 30 seconds.
Once that is done, pour in the beef broth, tomato paste, diced carrots, diced celery, and the ranch dressing mix.
After all of that has been mixed together, add in the frozen meatballs and top it with the crushed tomatoes, but do not stir it together.
Now place the lid on top of the Instant Pot, lock it, and move the valve to the sealing position.
Then press the PRESSURE COOK or MANUAL button and set the timer for 7 minutes.
After the timer goes off, let it sit or do a slow release for 10-15 minutes and then perform a quick release of the pressure by switching the valve to the VENTING position.
Once all of the pressure is released from the Instant Pot, remove the lid and serve it in your favorite soup bowls and enjoy!
To Make This Easy Dump and Go Recipe You Will Need:
- Instant Pot (THIS is such a great one!)
- Wooden spatula
Have You Worked With Garlic Often?
There was one Thanksgiving where someone was going to make garlic mashed potatoes in the slow cooker and the recipe called for 3 cloves of garlic. So, they pulled out 3 HEADS of garlic to use instead. Needless to say, I saved her from embarrassment, and us from stinky breath.
All that to say, if you haven’t worked with garlic much, it can be a little bit of a hassle to peel and chop up. So, take a look at Jessica Gavin’s blog on how to peel and mince garlic to save yourself a little time in the long run.
Want More Easy Dinner Ideas?
Join our email list today and we will send you a FREE ebook of our favorite dinner recipes – plus we will send you recipes each week to help make your dinner planning easier!
Join today by CLICKING HERE.
Have you checked out our YouTube channel? We show you how to make our favorite recipes right in our own kitchens!
Our newest cookbook is all about Pressure Cooking. If you love our Instant Pot recipes, this is the cookbook for you!
Each simple and delicious recipe contains clear instructions for prep and specific pressure cooking times from start to ready-to-serve.
Order your copy today!
INSTANT COOKING with Six Sisters’ Stuff <—– Click here to order!
Create Your Instant Pot Dinner Menu With These Recipes:
- Instant Pot Copycat Panera Broccoli Cheddar Soup Recipe
- Instant Pot Creamy Chicken Soup Recipe
- Instant Pot Chicken Tortellini and Vegetable Soup Recipe
- Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff Soup Recipe
- Instant Pot Creamy Chicken Fajita Soup Recipe
Instant Pot Dump and Go Meatball Soup Recipe
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 onion diced
- 6 garlic cloves minced
- 4 cups beef broth
- 3 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 4 large carrots diced
- 6 celery stalks diced
- 1 ounce packet dry ranch dressing mix
- 29 ounces canned crushed tomatoes 2 (14.5ounce cans)
- 32 ounces frozen meatballs
- shredded Mozzarella cheese or parmesan cheese optional garnish
- thinly sliced green onions optional garnish
- Plug in your Instant Pot and press SAUTE button. Once pot heats up, add oil and butter.
- Add diced onion and cook for 2-3 minutes until onions are translucent. Add in garlic and saute for 30 seconds more.
- Add beef broth then stir in tomato paste, carrots, celery, and ranch seasoning.
- Now add frozen meatballs and top with crushed tomatoes.
- Close and lock the lid.
- Press PRESSURE COOK button and set a timer for 7 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for the pressure to build.
- Once the cook time is complete, do a QUICK RELEASE of the pressure by turning the knob to VENTING.
- Portion soup into serving bowls and enjoy!
- Optional garnishes are not included in nutritional information
- Instant Pot
- Wooden Spatula
This post was included in our 15 Easy Healthy Freezer Meals Video – for more inexpensive and delicious recipes like this one, click here to check it out!
If you made our recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your hard work using #sixsistersstuff.