This Instant Pot chicken bacon ranch sandwich recipe is also known as the crack chicken recipe in our house! Everyone absolutely loves it!
I mean what is not to love between the bacon, chicken, ranch, and your favorite rolls or buns?! The answer is nothing! Hahaha. Anyone I have made this for always asks for the recipe, and then are surprised by how easy it is.
You can make this whole thing in the Instant Pot so you won’t even have much to clean up when you’re done cooking it either. Talk about the best chicken recipe ever! No wonder it’s the most popular recipe on our website.
Ingredients Needed For This Instant Pot Chicken Bacon Ranch Sandwiches Recipe:
- Cooked bacon
- Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Ranch dressing mix
- Cream cheese
- Green onion
- Chicken broth
- Buns or Rolls
How To Make This Instant Pot Chicken Bacon Ranch Sandwiches Recipe:
To get started with this easy recipe, get out your Instant Pot and plug it in.
Then, add the boneless, skinless chicken breast into the inner pot of the Instant Pot.
Once the chicken is in there, pour the chicken broth (or water if you do not have chicken broth) into the pot.
Then, place the lid on the Instant Pot and move the valve to the SEALING position.
Next, press the MANUAL or PRESSURE COOK button and set the timer for 20 minutes if the chicken is thawed and 25 if the chicken is frozen.
TIP: When making things in the Instant Pot, remember that it takes anywhere from 5-15 minutes for the pot to come to pressure before the timer begins to count down! 🙂
When the chicken timer is done do a quick release of the pressure in the pot by turning the valve to the VENTING position.
After the pin drops and the pressure is gone, take the chicken out of the pot and shred the chicken either with two forks or with a mixer.
With the chicken still out of the pot, discard the liquid out into the sink. Be sure to use oven mits as the inner pot will still be hot.
Then, put the chicken back into the Instant Pot and make sure the Instant Pot is on WARM.
Now, pour in the packet of ranch dressing mix, cream cheese, green onions, and cooked bacon.
Stir everything together until the cream cheese is completely melted and everything is all combined.
Now just serve on your favorite buns and enjoy!
To Make This Instant Pot Favorite Recipe You Will Need:
- Instant Pot (THIS is a great one!)
- Forks or Mixer (to shred the chicken)
- Wooden spoon
- Liquid measuring cup
Watch How to Make this Crack Chicken Recipe!
The Best Rolls for the Job!
While you can serve this crack chicken on your favorite buns or rolls, we absolutely love having this on hawaiian rolls as little sliders.
Learn how to make your own rolls from Handle the Heat’s Homemade Hawaiian Bread Rolls recipe! The slight sweet taste of hawaiian rolls with this creamy ranch chicken is amazing!!
Want More Easy Dinner Ideas?
Join our email list today and we will send you a FREE ebook of our favorite dinner recipes – plus we will send you recipes each week to help make your dinner planning easier!
Join today by CLICKING HERE.
Have you checked out our YouTube channel? We show you how to make our favorite recipes right in our own kitchens!
Our newest cookbook is all about Pressure Cooking. If you love our Instant Pot recipes, this is the cookbook for you!
Each simple and delicious recipe contains clear instructions for prep and specific pressure cooking times from start to ready-to-serve.
Order your copy today! INSTANT COOKING with Six Sisters’ Stuff <—– Click here to order!
More Delicious Chicken Recipes You Need to Make!
- Baked Chicken Parmesan Casserole Recipe
- Pineapple Chicken Salad Pitas Recipe
- Easy Chicken Street Tacos Recipe
- Chicken Taco Casserole Recipe
- BBQ Chicken Stuffed Baked Sweet Potatoes Recipe
- Instant Pot Chicken Caesar Sandwiches
Instant Pot Chicken Bacon Ranch Sandwiches Recipe
- 6 slices cooked bacon
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 ounce ranch dressing mix 1 packet
- 8 ounces cream cheese 1 package
- 6 green onions sliced
- 1 cup chicken broth or water
- 6 buns or rolls
- Place chicken breasts in inner pot of Instant Pot. Add in chicken broth.
- Place the lid on pot, turn the valve to SEALING and press MANUAL (or PRESSURE COOK). Set timer for 20 minutes if chicken is thawed and 25 minutes if chicken is frozen. It will take 5-10 minutes for the Instant Pot to come to pressure.
- Once the chicken is done cooking, do a QUICK RELEASE of the pressure.
- Remove the chicken from the liquid and shred using 2 forks. Dump all the liquid out of the Instant Pot.
- Keep your Instant Pot on WARM (don't turn it off) and add chicken back into the pot. Add packet of ranch dressing, cream cheese, green onions and bacon. Stir until everything is well combined
- Serve on buns or rolls and enjoy!
- Bun/Rolls are not included in Nutritional Information
- Instant Pot
- Forks or Mixer (to shred the chicken)
- Wooden Spoon
- Liquid Measuring Cup
If you made our recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your hard work using #sixsistersstuff.