Instant Pot Broccoli Cheddar soup is a favorite in my family. We have a favorite Italian restaurant locally that serves it only on Fridays and Saturdays. You are sure to find us there, each with a large bowl.
Learning how to make this delicious soup in the Instant Pot was an obvious choice. It is quick and easy, and I knew my husband and kids would give it a double thumbs up.
Looking for more soups to make in the Instant Pot? Try our Instant Pot Wild Rice Soup!
How to Make Instant Pot Broccoli Cheddar Soup:
Using the Instant Pot makes this recipe quick and easy! Start by turning the Instant Pot to Saute. Heat oil or butter, add onion, and saute for 5 minutes.
Next, add chicken broth, broccoli, carrots, and nutmeg.
Press the Cancel/Keep Warm button. Lock lid into place and turn knob to sealing. Press the Manual or Pressure Cook button. Set cook time for 4 minutes.
Do a quick release and stir in cream.
Press the SAUTE button again, but do not bring to boil. Stir in cheese and hot sauce.
Serve hot in a bowl or bread bowl.
What to serve alongside this tasty soup:
You really can’t go wrong with just the soup, but here are some ideas:
- Soup and salad always pair well. Try out our Homemade Caesar Salad.
- Bread. In my mind, soup always needs bread. These Sheet Pan Garlic Breadsticks are great when feeding a large family (or a family who really love breadsticks).
- Even better than breadsticks is a bread bowl. We’ve got a great Homemade Bread Bowl Recipe!
What If I don’t have an Instant Pot?
If you don’t have one, buy one here! But if you’re not up for that, or you need your broccoli cheddar soup today, this soup is easily made the same way on stove top.
Follow the same instructions but let it simmer on low heat for 30 minutes. The broccoli should become very soft and break into small parts easily.
How to avoid lumpy cheese:
I’ve found that lumpy cheese is usually a result of using store bought shredded cheese. A quick solution is to buy the block cheese and shred it yourself. It adds one more step, but it is totally worth it in the end.
Watch how to make our instant pot broccoli cheddar soup:
Check out our Youtube Channel. We will show you how to make this delicious Broccoli Cheddar Soup in the Instant Pot.
Each recipe on our channel and blog is tried and true, so you know they will be tasty.
Have you heard about our newest cookbook? Copycat Cooking?
We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!
Love cooking as much as we do? Join our FREE private Facebook Group: Six Sisters’ Dinner Club!
Check out more soup recipes:
- Instant Pot Lasagna Soup
- Roasted Tomato Basil Soup
- Creamy Tortellini Soup
- The Best Instant Pot Chili
- Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup
Instant Pot Broccoli Cheddar Soup Recipe
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion diced
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups broccoli chopped
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1½ cups heavy cream
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 Tablespoon hot sauce
- Press the Saute button. Heat oil and add onion. Saute for 5 minutes.
- Add chicken broth, broccoli, carrots, and nutmeg.
- Press the Cancel/Keep Warm button. Lock lid into place and turn knob to sealing.
- Press the Manual or Pressure Cook button. Set cook time for 4 minutes.
- Do a quick release and stir in cream.
- Press the Saute button again, but do not bring to boil.
- Stir in cheese and hot sauce.
- Instant Pot
This post was included in our $5 Soups video – for more inexpensive and delicious recipes like this one, click here to check it out!