One of my all-time favorite desserts is my Mom’s Chocolate Marshmallow Brownies. There’s nothing like brownies made from scratch.
These cookies taste just like a brownie and the Hershey’s Hug on top takes these over the top!
do these cookies freeze well?
I have a strange obsession with frozen cookies. I usually don’t have any leftover to freeze, because I love eating cookies as soon as they come out of the oven (I even take the risk of getting a burnt tongue from the melted chocolate), but frozen cookies are so yummy.
These cookies freeze well. You can eat them slightly frozen, or freeze them up to a month.
To freeze them, we recommend placing them in an airtight container or double wrapping them in both saran wrap and aluminum foil, for the best results.
Set them out on the counter to thaw for about 1-2 hours.
You could microwave them, but the Hug in the center will definitely melt.
We have found that letting them thaw in the freezer container keeps them soft and chewy.
Related Recipe: If you love root beer and cookies, you’ll be head over heels for our ROOT BEER FLOAT COOKIES!
what could i use instead of Hershey’s hugs?
Hershey’s Hugs take these brownie cookies over the top. You wouldn’t even have to dare me to eat an entire bag of them, by myself. I honestly just can’t get enough of them.
However, if you don’t have any on hand, or can’t find them at the store, here are a few other delicious replacements that would work just as well:
- Seasonal Hershey’s Holiday Kisses
- Chocolate Hershey’s Chocolate Kiss
- Andes Mints
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups
- Jr. Mints
- Peppermint Patties
- Mini Snickers Bar (the small square one, or you could also use the mini unwrapped ones as well).
- Oreo Cookie Chunks
- Twix Candy Bars
how to make Hershey’s Hug Brownie Cookies
Simple and delicious ingredients needed for these brownie cookies. You probably have most of these ingredients on hand.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl cream together the shortening, softened butter, and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl combine baking powder, baking soda, salt, flour, and cocoa. Add to wet ingredients and combine.
- Roll into rounded Tablespoons and then roll into sugar. Place on ungreased baking pan.
- Bake for 8 minutes and remove from oven.
- Let the cookies cool for about 1 minutes on a cooling rack, and then press a Hershey’s Hug in the center of each cookie.
- Allow to cool and the Hugs will set up. They will melt slightly at first because of the warm cookies.
helpful items used in making these hershey’s Hug Brownie Cookies
- Mixing Bowl Set – A great mixing bowl set of 3 that is dishwasher safe.
- Mixing Spoons – Heat resistant mixing spoon set.
- Cooling Racks – A set of 4 cooling baking racks.
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert, and everything in-between.
WE ARE SO EXCITED TO SHARE THESE RECIPES WITH YOU. ORDER YOUR COPY TODAY!
SIX SISTERS’ STUFF COPYCAT COOKING <—– CLICK HERE TO ORDER!
Looking for more delicious cookies recipes? You may want to try these:
- Edible Cookie Dough
- Lemon Sugar Cookies
- Brownie Mix Cookies
- Root Beer Float Cookies
- Chocolate Caramel Nutella Cookies
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel?