These Lemon Berry Tarts are perfect for breakfast or brunch. We love having an assortment of fruity treats once the weather starts warming up.
Using fresh berries in this recipe gives it such a fresh and light taste. Bring on all the fresh fruit!
How to use Wonton Wrappers as Tart Shells
I have always heard of people using wonton wrappers in pastry recipes but had never actually given it a try. I was so impressed at how easy it was and how perfect the crunchy wrapper went with the delicious filling and berries!
It was a lot easier to create the wonton shell than I thought it would be. Here’s how to do it:
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray a muffin tin with non stick cooking spray.
- Place wonton wrappers in muffin tin and brush with melted butter. This will give them the crispy edges and shell for your tarts. We recommend using unsalted butter.
- Bake for 7 minutes or until the edges begin to golden. Watch them closely around 7 minutes, the wonton wrappers are very thin so they’ll go from golden to burnt pretty quickly!
Homemade Lemon Custard Filling
We love the fresh taste of lemon in the spring, especially when paired with fresh berries!
To get the delicious lemon flavor in this custard filling, we used a lemon pie filling, but any lemon curd or pie filling will work great.
Whisk together your sweetened condensed milk, lemon fruit filling, and cool whip to create the perfect creamy filling for your tarts.
If you are not a fan of lemon, any flavor of fruit pie filling would work, but we’d recommend sticking with lemon!
Items needed to make Lemon Berry Tarts
Here’s what you’ll need in your kitchen to make these Lemon Berry Tarts!
- 24 Wonton Wrappers
- 1 Tablespoon Unsalted Butter (melted)
- 1 Cup Lemon Fruit Filling
- 3/4 Cup Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 Cup of Cool Whip
- 24 Raspberries
- 24 Blueberries
- 24 Blackberries
- Powdered Sugar for Topping
In Your Kitchen:
Muffin Tin – We used a regular sized muffin tin for this recipe. You could use a 6 count muffin tin if you’re cutting the recipe down. However, we do recommend a non-stick!
Basting Brush – These basting brushes are perfect for brushing butter onto your wonton wrappers. You’ll use these WAY more than you’d ever expect to in the kitchen!
Silicone Whisk – A good silicone whisk is a MUST when whisking together anything creamy like our lemon custard filling in these tarts. So easy to clean, so flexible, and sturdy.
Brunch Recipes on Six Sisters’ Stuff
Looking for more brunch recipes? Here are a few of our favorites!
- Brioche French Toast
- Acai Smoothie Bowls
- Scrambled Egg Breakfast
- Blueberry Croissant Bake
- Mini Lemon Cheesecake Tarts
Easy Lemon Berry Tarts Recipe
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 1 Tablespoon unsalted butter melted
- 1 cup lemon fruit filling
- ¾ cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup cool whip
- 24 raspberries
- 24 blueberries
- 24 blackberries
- powdered sugar for topping
- Preheat Oven to 375 Degrees.
- Place wonton wrappers in nonstick muffin tin, and lightly brush with butter.
- Bake for 7 minutes or until wrappers begin to turn golden brown on the edges.
- Whisk together sweetened condensed milk, whipped cream, and lemon filling.
- Once wonton wrappers have cooled, pipe filling into wonton wrappers, and top with your favorite berries.
- Dust with powdered sugar and serve!
- The wonton wrappers are very thin so they’ll go from golden to burnt pretty quickly!
- Muffin Tin
- basting brush
Our newest cookbook
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Did you know we have a YouTube Channel?
In this video, we’re showing you how to make another one one of our favorite brunch recipes, Pecan French Toast!