This Loaded Broccoli Casserole is so quick to make, tastes amazing, and the best part is, it’s really healthy.
It has a lot of good and nutritious ingredients in it that will keep you full, and keep you healthy. It’s a perfect meal for a busy night, and you probably already have a lot of the ingredients.
It’s full of power foods and all the great stuff you will feel good feeding to your family.
This recipe also calls for turkey bacon and plain Greek yogurt, so it is a great source of protein. If you are looking to switch out the Greek yogurt for sour cream, you can do that as well.
However, for health and nutrition purposes, we opted for plain Greek yogurt because it is just as delicious, and works just as well.
It does bake a little differently than sour cream, but the taste is identical.
what could i replace the turkey bacon with?
If you have never tried turkey bacon, I would definitely recommend trying it, before changing it for something else.
However, this recipe is versatile, and pairs great with a lot of different meats.
Here is what we recommend:
- Ground Turkey
- Cubed Ham
You could also serve it as a side dish, and not put any meat in it at all. Both ways are delicious.
How to Make Loaded Broccoli Casserole
Steam the Broccoli until soft (I used a Zip and Seal plastic bag that steams it in the microwave).
Cook the Turkey Bacon according to package, and until it is crisp enough where you can tear it up and it holds its shape.
Turn the stove-top to medium high heat, and broil the mushrooms in the vegetable oil until they are soft and begin to darken.
In a medium-large sized bowl, mix the broccoli, onions, mushrooms, turkey bacon pieces, and Greek yogurt until well combined.
Add the salt, pepper, and garlic salt and mix in well then spread the mixture into the 9×9 inch pan.
Sprinkle the cheese on top until the green broccoli is almost completely covered.
In a separate bowl, combine the crushed Ritz crackers, and melted butter until it makes a soft mixture.
Sprinkle the Ritz cracker mixture over the cheese.
Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
Looking for more side dishes? Here are 60 of our favorite Christmas Dinner Sides to eat with Beef Tenderloin!
Have you heard about our restaurant copycat cookbook?
Have you heard about our newest cookbook,Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!
Need more Side dishes?watch how to make This Zoodle Salad
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We created it just for you. We wanted to show you how simple and delicious our recipes are.
Looking for more side dishes? These are our favorites!
- Broccoli and Cheese Orzo
- The Best Homemade Pasta Salad
- Mediterranean Chicken and Orzo Salad
- Greek Pasta Salad
Loaded Broccoli Casserole Recipe
- 2 bunches broccoli florets (about 3 cups chopped)
- 1 cup fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 8 strips of turkey bacon cooked and crumbled
- ¼ cup red onion finely chopped
- 1½ cups plain greek yogurt
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1½ cups shredded marble cheddar cheese
- 30 Ritz crackers crushed
- 2 Tablespoons butter melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Steam the Broccoli until soft (I used a Zip and Seal plastic bag that steams it in the microwave).
- Over medium high heat on the stove, cook the mushrooms in oil until they are soft and begin to darken.
- In a medium-large sized bowl, mix the broccoli, cooked mushrooms, bacon crumbles, onions, and Greek yogurt until well combined.
- Add the salt, pepper, and garlic salt, and mix in well.
- Spread the mixture into the 9 x 9 inch pan.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheese on top until the broccoli is almost completely covered.
- In a separate bowl, combine the crushed Ritz crackers, and melted butter until it makes a soft mixture.
- Sprinkle the Ritz cracker mixture over the cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Serve warm.
- Ground Turkey
- Cubed Ham
- Zip and Seal Steam Bag
- Large Bowl
- 9x9-inch baking pan
- Mixing Bowl