Turkey Sausage Lasagna soup has all the flavor of lasagna without all the work. If you haven’t noticed by now, we are all about fast dinners that come together in a matter of minutes.
Just simmer all of the ingredients for this Ground Turkey Sausage Lasagna Soup in a stock pot. Your house will smell amazing, and dinner is served!
Add all the ingredients
If you are looking for a yummy lasagna recipe, be sure to check out our Creamy Chicken Lasagna. It’s just as good as this soup.
How to make Turkey Sausage Lasagna soup
Step 1: In a large stock pot, add onion, garlic and turkey; cook until turkey is browned. Drain grease. I usually rinse my meat in water and drain out the water a couple of times as well.
This is an option, but the less grease, the happier my stomach.
Step 2: Add in chicken broth, tomatoes, tomato paste, oregano, Italian seasoning, and basil.
Step 3: Mix well and bring to a boil.
Step 4: Add in broken noodles and zucchini and cook for 8-10 minutes or until noodles are tender. Break the noodles into bite size pieces to allow easier eating.
If they are too large, they will be uncomfortable and unflattering to eat, especially if they don’t fit on your spoon.
Step 5: Stir in Parmesan cheese and add salt and pepper to taste.
Step 6: If you are looking to garnish, you can add extra cheese, fresh cherry tomato slices, parsley or cilantro.
Related Recipe: Need help cooking a turkey – be sure to check out How to Cook a Turkey in the convection oven. It’s easy and delicious!
Not a sausage fan?
My kids don’t love sausage. When I make this for my family, I usually make it with just original ground turkey or ground beef.
You could use any sausage you’d like as well if you are not a turkey sausage fan. This recipe is very flexible and tastes delicious with just about any meat.
My sister likes to make hers with shredded chicken, as well. So really any meat you like, this soup would taste delicious with.
I have recently made this using Italian Sausage and it was delicious. Try it for yourself to see what you prefer.
What could I serve with Ground Turkey Sausage Lasagna Soup?
Whenever I serve soup for dinner, my husband just feels like it doesn’t fill him up. However, this hearty Turkey Sausage Lasagna Soup is very filling, so I usually choose simple sides when I make it.
One of my favorites to serve with this is our, Easy Cheesy Sticks. They are only five ingredients and you make them with pre-made dough. I also love dipping them into our soup.
I also love a good fresh salad. One of my favorite salads to serve with this soup is our Copycat Olive Garden Salad. It is so easy to make, and the salad is inexpensive. My kids love the olives and banana peppers in it.
Looking for more of our favorite soup recipes?
- Slow Cooker 8 Can Taco Soup
- Ground Turkey Sausage Ravioli Soup
- Ground Beef and Macaroni Tomato Soup
- Slow Cooker Beef Minestrone Soup
- Instant Pot Potato Soup
- Instant Pot Sausage Ravioli Soup
- Slow Cooker Beef Lasagna Soup
- The Best Minestrone Soup with Italian Sausage Recipe
Turkey Sausage Lasagna Soup Recipe (Healthy Soup)
- 1 onion diced
- 2 teaspoons garlic minced
- 1 pound turkey sausage ground
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 30 ounces canned diced tomatoes do not drain
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 8 whole wheat lasagna noodles uncooked and broken into bite sized pieces
- 1 zucchini diced
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large stock pot, add onion, garlic and turkey sausage; cook until turkey is browned. Drain grease.
- Add in chicken broth, tomatoes, tomato paste, oregano, Italian seasoning, and basil.
- Mix well and bring to a boil.
- Add in broken noodles and zucchini and cook for 8-10 minutes or until noodles are tender.
- Stir in Parmesan cheese and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Stock Pot
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.