could i use cooked rolls for this recipe?
For this recipe, you use roll dough, and wrap it around the ingredients, sort of like a dumpling. You could use remade rolls, and cook all your ingredients thoroughly, ahead of time, then bake it for a few minutes to warm everything up.
However, for the best results and flavor, we recommend using the raw dough, and wrapping the ingredients up, in it.
what could i pair this recipe with?
We love to serve our chicken bundles with salad. Here are a few of our favorite salad recipes:
- Tangy Cucumber Salad
- Pear and Blue Cheese Salad
- BLT Salad
- Broccoli Apple Salad
- Tortellini Pasta Salad
- Winter Cranberry Apple Salad
You could really pair it with any vegetable, but a nice fresh crisp salad with some Italian dressing has got to be my favorite combination with this pasta.
We also like to dip our bundles in the left over salad dressing on the plate, to add a little extra flavor. My husband prefers ranch, and I love a good Italian or creamy balsamic.
watch how to make another delicious chicken dish, here:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
This Slow Cooker Creamy Lemon Chicken is simple, delicious, and full of flavor. Watch how to make it, here:
looking for more chicken recipes? here are a few of our favorite:
Gourmet Chicken Bundles Recipe
- 18 Rhodes Dinner Rolls thawed but still cold
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- ½ cup onion diced
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms sliced
- ½ pound sausage
- ½ teaspoon sage
- ¼ teaspoon marjoram
- ⅙ teaspoon all spice
- 1 egg separated
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts cooked and diced
- In a large skillet combine butter, onion, mushrooms and sausage. Cook until sausage is lightly browned. Place mixture in a large bowl and add sage, marjoram, allspice, egg yolk, and chicken. Lightly toss together.
- Combine 2-3 rolls together (depending on how big of bundles you want- we just used 2 rolls per bundle) and flatten into a circle. Repeat with remaining rolls. Divide chicken mixture equally between the circles. Moisten edges of dough with water and fold over mixture to completely enclose. Place folded side down on a sprayed baking sheet. Brush with beaten egg white. Place 3 whole sage leaves on top, if desired, and brush again. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise 15 minutes (I actually skipped this step and they turned out fine). Remove wrap and bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.
- We dipped our bundles in marinara sauce and it was delicious!
check out our new cookbook
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!