Does anyone else feel like they make the same five types of vegetables? My side dish selection has gotten extremely small, especially while pregnant.
I needed some fresh new ideas, and something a little more light for spring. I think my husband was going to scream if we had roasted brussels sprouts one more time!
I’ve always loved cucumber salad, but didn’t want to take the time to make a big fancy side dish with tons of vegetables. I decided to stick to my favorite part of cucumber salad, the cucumbers! This would be delicious with cucumbers grown in your own garden as well.
This is called a “salad” but if we’re being honest it’s just deliciously marinated cucumbers in a tangy mustard sauce that I cannot get enough of (and that’s not just the baby talking!).
We recommend using Dijon mustard in this recipe because it’s a little bit sweeter, but a regular mustard works okay if that’s all you have on hand.
How to Make Tangy Cucumber Salad
- Slice your cucumbers into very thin slices. The thinner the better as they will soak up the flavors much more!
- To make your sauce, whisk together your sugar, vinegar, mustard, olive oil, salt, and pepper until combined.
- Pour your sauce over your cucumbers and toss them until evenly coated.
- Sprinkle your salad with some chives to add a little more color and dimension, and then pop it in the fridge to soak up all that delicious flavor for an hour or so!
Cutting your cucumbers thin is the key to making this salad taste it’s best. There are a few different options on getting perfect slices. Here are a few ideas!
Adjustable Mandoline Slicer – This is perfect for slicing any vegetables! It also comes with a spiralizer to make noodles or strings out of your favorite vegetables.
Sharp Slicing Knives – We LOVE these stainless steel knives for cutting vegetables. They cut through like butter, and they are very cute!
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
What to serve with cucumber salad
Like I mentioned above, this salad goes with just about any dish. Here are a few favorites that we’ve paired it with lately!
Tangy Cucumber Salad Recipe
- 2 cucumbers
- 1½ teaspoons sugar
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1½ teaspoons Dijon Mustard
- ½ Tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 Tablespoon dried chives
- Slice cucumbers into thin slices.
- In a bowl, combine sugar, vinegar, mustard, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Pour over cucumbers and stir until all cucumbers are coated.
- Sprinkle with dried chives.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- We recommend preparing about an hour before to let the flavors soak into the cucumbers.
- Mixing Bowl
- Rubber spatula
Have you seen our YouTube Channel?
In this video we’re making our easy Avocado Cucumber Salad!