If you need a salad that everyone will like and is easy to make, this BLT Salad Recipe is just the thing. BLT’s are the go-to sandwich around our house, and the salad version is just as delicious.
Traditional ingredients are mixed together in a whole new way in this delicious BLT Salad. There are just so many reasons why this is the perfect salad for hosting a bridal shower, taking to the office pot luck, or just feeding your family on a week night.
How to cook Bacon in the oven:
Bacon is delicious—most everyone will admit that—but sometimes it can be a messy pain to cook. Here’s my go-to way to make bacon:
- Line a baking sheet with foil. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Lay bacon flat on top of foil.
- Bake for 14-15 minutes (thicker cuts of bacon may take longer) watching to make sure you achieve desired crispness.
- Remove from oven. Place bacon on plate lined with paper towels to absorb excess grease.
The bacon is cooked just how I like it, every time, with little work on my part. Plus, clean up is a dream!
spice up the BLT salad
Wanting to dress this salad up a bit? Here are a few ideas for making it look just a tad fancier:
- Bacon on top: Make the bacon front and center by crumbling it on top. Also, bigger chunks of bacon really stand out.
- Lettuce variety: While a bag of romaine is quick and easy, try throwing in hand chopped butter lettuce or spinach to add more color.
- Cherry or heirloom tomatoes: A simple swap of tomatoes does a lot for the looks of the salad. Cut cherry tomatoes in half or add a little color with heirloom tomatoes.
Related recipe: love a hearty salad? Try our Ramen Noodle Oriental Chicken Salad, too!
How to make BLT Salad Recipe:
In a skillet, cook bacon until crisp and cut into small pieces. Or you can use the pre-baked bacon if you are looking for a quick way to get bacon.
In a large bowl, combine salad, tomatoes and cheese. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, sugar, vinegar, olive oil and salt and pepper. This creamy dressing is my families new favorite!
Pour dressing over your salad or serve on the side and stir carefully. Sprinkle with bacon bits and croutons.
Looking for more delicious salad recipes?
Here are a few of our favorites:
We love salad at our house. We try and make a new one every week. Here are some of my very favorite salad recipes.
- Applebee’s Oriental Chicken Salad
- Simple Southwest Salad
- Olive Garden Green Salad
- Chicken Fajita Salad
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
SIX SISTERS’ STUFF COPYCAT COOKING <—– CLICK HERE TO ORDER!