When I was little, I loved it when my Mom made treats. We would always stand around the kitchen counter and wait until she was done mixing so we could lick the batter out of the bowl or from the beaters. Now that I have my own kids, I find them doing the same thing with this yummy treat! This dessert turned out delicious!
Fluffy Cream Cheese Dessert Recipe
- 2½ cups crushed vanilla wafers
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter softened
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 8 ounces cool whip
- 20 ounces crushed pineapple 1 can, drained well
- fresh berries optional topping
- Melt butter in the microwave and allow to cool.
- Combine the cookie crumbs and butter and toss together until incorporated. Press 2 cups of the crumb mixture firmly into an 9×9 square pan.
- Beat the cream cheese and butter together until creamy. Turn the mixer down to low and add the powdered sugar one cup at a time until it is all mixed together.
- Next add the can of pineapple and cool whip and stir in with a rubber spatula.
- Spread the pineapple mixture over the crust.
- Sprinkle the remaining cookie crumb mixture on top. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight.
- Feel free to top with fresh berries when serving, if desired.
- Microwave Bowl
- 9x9-inch baking pan
- Mixing Bowl
- Rubber spatula