I always love a tasty, yet easy cream cheese dessert recipe, and this fluffy cream cheese dessert is that to a “T”. It is a great take on the classic cheesecake, but with fruit and cream cheese base.
Summer desserts with cream cheese always seem to be a hit when you bring them to BBQ’s, so make sure you bring this to your next one. It is sure to be a favorite family dessert this summer.
You can make this easy cream cheese dessert up the night before you need it and have it ready to go for your event or serve it for a refreshing dessert after dinner.
We have a lot of amazing cream cheese dessert recipes that you need to try. To name a few, our Cookies and Cream Cheese Bars and Raspberry Cream Cheese Jello Salad are wonderful recipes. You can find even more in our blog where we list 50 of our amazing cream cheese desserts!
Ingredients Needed For Our Fluffy Cream Cheese Dessert:
- Crushed vanilla wafers
- Unsalted butter
- Powdered sugar
- Cream cheese
- Cool Whip
- Crushed pineapple, drained
- Fresh berries (pick your favorite), optional topping
How To Make Our Fluffy Cream Cheese Dessert:
Begin by making the crust for this recipe.
Melt the butter in the microwave in a medium microwave safe bowl.
After the butter has melted, let it cool for a few minutes.
Then, add in the vanilla wafer cookie crumbs to the melted butter and toss it together until the crumbs are well incorporated into the butter.
Take 2 cups of the crumb mixture and press it firmly into the bottom of a 9×9 square pan.
PRO TIP: Put the crumbs in the fridge to let the butter set up and help the crumb crust solidify.
Next, begin the cream cheese layer by beating together the cream cheese and butter together with a stand mixture until they are well incorporated.
Then, turn the mixer down to a low speed and add in the pwodered sugar, one cup at a time until all of the powdered sugar is mixed together.
Now, scrape down the sides of the bowl and add in the drained crushed pineapple and cool whip and stir it carefully together with a rubber spatula.
Once everything is incorporated, spread the pineapple and cream cheese mixture over top of the cooled crust and spread it out evenly.
Then, sprinkle the remaining cookie crumbs on top of the cream cheese layer.
Now, just place the pan in the refrigerator and let it cool for at least 4 hours, but preferably overnight if possible.
When you go to serve the fluffy cream cheese dessert, top it with your favorite berries, and enjoy!
To Make This Fruit and Cream Cheese Dessert You Will Need:
- 9×9 pan (THIS is a good one.)
- Rubber spatula
- Stand Mixer
- Medium microwave safe bowl
Related Recipe: Don’t miss out on our Strawberry Jello Fluff Salad!
Can I Replace Cool Whip With Whipped Cream?
We would not suggest replacing cool whip with whipped cream. Cool whip has a stability to it that whipped cream does not. Cool whip stays full and fluffy, while whipped cream is airred and will release the air quickly, making the whipped cream drop and become runny.
If you do NEED to replace the cool whip with something else, this Homemade Whipped Cream recipe from Love, Life, and Sugar. It is a more stable whipped cream that can be a suitable cool whip replacement when necessary.
Want More Easy Dinner Ideas?
Join our email list today and we will send you a FREE ebook of our favorite dinner recipes – plus we will send you recipes each week to help make your dinner planning easier!
Join today by CLICKING HERE.
Have you checked out our YouTube channel? We show you how to make our favorite recipes right in our own kitchens!
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!
Check Out These Delicious Cream Cheese Recipes:
- Hershey’s Cream Cheese Brownies Recipe
- Red Velvet Oreo Sandwich Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe
- Chocolate Cream Cheese Cake
- Cream Cheese and Pumpkin Roll Bars Recipe
- Strawberry Cream Cheese Turnovers
Fluffy Cream Cheese Dessert Recipe
- 2½ cups crushed vanilla wafers
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter softened
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 8 ounces cool whip
- 20 ounces crushed pineapple 1 can, drained well
- fresh berries optional topping
- Melt butter in the microwave and allow to cool.
- Combine the cookie crumbs and butter and toss together until incorporated. Press 2 cups of the crumb mixture firmly into an 9×9 square pan.
- Beat the cream cheese and butter together until creamy. Turn the mixer down to low and add the powdered sugar one cup at a time until it is all mixed together.
- Next add the can of pineapple and cool whip and stir in with a rubber spatula.
- Spread the pineapple mixture over the crust.
- Sprinkle the remaining cookie crumb mixture on top. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight.
- Feel free to top with fresh berries when serving, if desired.
- Microwave Bowl
- 9×9-inch baking pan
- Mixing Bowl
- Rubber spatula
If you made our recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your hard work using #sixsistersstuff.