This Fresh Spinach Dip recipe is one our grandma has made for every get together for as long as I can remember!
Fresh Spinach Dip is one way to get EVERYONE to eat their vegetables, and just about anything else they choose to dip. It’s so tasty, and easy!
How to make fresh spinach dip:
Chop up your spinach leaves in a food processor or blender; place them in a bowl and set aside.
Cut up cream cheese into small blocks and put into your food processor.
Add the accent seasoning and minced onion and blend together until well combined. This works best if your cream cheese has softened.
Add the mayonnaise and blend until smooth.
Add the chopped up spinach and half and half to the cream cheese/mayo mixture and blend well.
If it is too thick, you can add a little more half and half until you get it to the consistency you like.
We love to dip fresh vegetables in our Spinach Dip but your favorite crackers would be delicious too!
How to make this spinach dip a little “lighter”
This dip is DELICIOUS but it doesn’t have all of the healthiest ingredient options. Here are a few substitutions you can make to cut back on a few calories in this dip.
- Light Mayonnaise
- Low Fat or Light Cream Cheese
- Extra Spinach
- A Light Cream, or Coconut Cream (this WILL change the flavor, but it’s still delicious!)
Related recipe: If you love spinach dips, you’ll love our Slow Cooker Spinach Artichoke Dip
More Delicious Dips on Six Sisters’ Stuff
Need more dip ideas? Here are a few we know you’ll love!
- Cheesy Mushroom Dip
- Cowboy Dip
- Vegetable Dill Dip
- Queso Blanco Dip
- Easy Cream Cheese Vegetable Dip
- Vegetable Dill Dip
Fresh Spinach Dip Recipe
- 5 ounces spinach leaves
- 8 ounces cream cheese 1 package, softened
- 1 teaspoon accent seasoning
- 2 Tablespoons minced onion
- 1½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup half and half cream
Veggies for Dipping
- 16 ounces baby carrots 1 package
- 6 celery stalks cut up
- 4 cucumbers sliced
- Chop up your spinach leaves in a food processor or blender; put into bowl and set aside.
- Cut up cream cheese into small blocks and put in the food processor.
- Add the accent and minced onion; blend together until well combined.
- Add the mayonnaise and blend until smooth.
- Add the chopped up spinach and half and half to the cream cheese/mayo mixture and blend well.
- If it is too thick, you can add a little more half and half until you get it to the consistency you like.
- Dip fresh veggies.
- Food processor/blender
Check out our new cookbook:
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved.
The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!
Have you checked out our YouTube channel?
In this video we’re making another delicious dip, Spinach Artichoke Dip!