I absolutely love this cookies and cream cheesecake bars recipe. It has all of the things I love in one bar. It is the ultimate cheesecake dessert.
So, if you are looking for an Oreo recipe, these Oreo cheesecake bars are a must! They are super creamy and have the soft and tasty Oreo chunks to add the perfect little crunch to this recipe.
Oh and don’t even get me started on the amazing Oreo crust for this recipe. Like I said, this is the best cheesecake recipe you can make, so make sure that you do give this recipe a go!
If you want to try even more of our delicious cheesecake recipes, make sure you try our easy Instant Pot Mini Cheesecakes, Caramel Cheesecake Bars, or some amazing Layered Cherry Cheesecake Lush Dessert!
Ingredients Needed For Our Cookies and Cream Cheesecake Bars Recipe:
- Oreo cookies
- Unsalted butter
- Cream cheese
- Granulated sugar
- Sour cream
- Vanilla extract
- Large eggs
How To Make Our Cookies and Cream Cheesecake Bars Recipe:
Begin by preheating the oven to 325 degrees.
Then, line a 9×13 inch pan with aluminum foil, leaving about 2 inches on the sides, and then spray the foil with nonstick cooking spray.
To make the crust place 28 Oreos in a food processor and blend them until they are finely ground.
Then pour the ground Oreos into a large mixing bowl along with the melted butter and stir it all together until the crumbs become moist from the butter.
Now, place the crumb mix into the bottom of the foil lined pan and press the oreo mix firmly into the bottom of the pan, trying to get it evenly spread out amongst the whole pan.
Once that is done, put the pan in the oven for 10 minutes to bake the crust slightly.
After 10 minutes, move the pan to a wire rack to cool, but be sure to leave the oven on.
While the crust is cooling down, begin to make the cheesecake filling.
In a large mixing bowl, using an electric mixer on medium speed, mix together the cream cheese and sugar until they are completely combined. (This should take about 2 minutes.)
Scrape down the bowl and then beat everything together again to make sure all of the cream cheese is smooth.
Then, add the sour cream, vanilla extract, and salt, and mix everything until it is combined.
Now, scrape down the bowl again and then add the eggs. But, only add one egg at a time, beating everything together in between each egg.
After you have added the last egg, scrape down the bowl and beat everything together one last time.
Now, use your spatula to fold in the roughly chopped Oreos into the cream cheese mixture.
Once that is done, pour the cream cheese and oreo mixture into the cooked cookie crust, smoothing out the filling throughout the whole pan.
Place the prepared pan in the oven and bake the bars for 40 minutes or until the filling only jiggles slightly when you shake the pan.
Then, remove the bars from the oven and put the pan on a wire rack to cool to room temperature. (This will take about an hour or so.)
After it is done cooling down, cover the pan and store it in the fridge for at least 3 hours. ( I like to chill mine overnight.)
When the bars are done chilling, use the excess foil to pull the bars out of the pan and place them on a cutting board.
Then, use a sharp knife to cut the cheesecake into bars. While cutting, rinse and wipe the knife between each cut for best results.
When you are done cutting the bars they will be ready to serve right away or place them back in the fridge until you are ready to serve them.
To Make This Cheesecake Dessert Recipe You Will Need:
- Large mixing bowl
- 9×13 inch pan
- Food processor (THIS is a great one!)
- Rubber spatula
- Aluminum foil
- Nonstick spray
- Sharp knife
Can You Use Greek Yogurt Instead?
While cheesecake is not known to be the healthiest option, there might just be a way to make it a little bit healthier.
If you would like to try and replace the sour cream with plain greek yogurt, check out what the article from Our Everyday Life had to say on Greek Yogurt as a Replacement for Sour Cream in Cheesecake.
Want More Easy Dinner Ideas?
Join our email list today and we will send you a FREE ebook of our favorite dinner recipes – plus we will send you recipes each week to help make your dinner planning easier!
Join today by CLICKING HERE.
Have you checked out our YouTube channel? We show you how to make our favorite recipes right in our own kitchens!
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!
Even More Delightful Cheesecake Recipe Ideas
- Cherry Cheesecake Cookies Recipe
- Pumpkin Spice Cheesecake Recipe
- Brownie Caramel Cheesecake
- Spooky Oreo Cheesecake Trifle
- White Chocolate Cheesecake Pumpkin Cookies Recipe
- Fluffy Cream Cheese Dessert
- Caramel Cheesecake Bars
Cookies and Cream Cheesecake Bars Recipe
- 16 ounces Oreo cookies
- 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 (8 ounce) cream cheese softened
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¾ cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs room temp
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line a 9 x 13-inch pan with foil, leaving a 2-inch overhang on two sides (I spray mine with cooking spray).2. Make the crust: Place 28 Oreos in a food processor and process until finely ground. Pour into a large bowl, add the melted butter, and stir with a flexible spatula until all crumbs are moistened. Place the cookie-crumb mixture in the lined pan and, using your fingers, press the mixture firmly and evenly into the bottom. Bake 10 minutes, then remove to a wire cooling rack (leave the oven on) while you make the filling. Snap the remaining Oreos in half, put them in the food processor, and turn on and off quickly a few times, just until the cookies are roughly chopped.
- Make the filling: In a large bowl, using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the cream cheese and sugar until well blended, about 2 minutes. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl with a flexible spatula and beat again until uniform. Beat in sour cream, vanilla and salt. Scrape down the bowl and mix again. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each. After beating in the last egg, scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl and beat one more time, to make sure the mixture is fully combined. Stir in chopped Oreos with the same spatula.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture over the baked cookie crust, smooth the top with the spatula, and bake for 40 minutes, until the filling is set around the edges but still slightly wobbly in the center when you gently shake the pan. Remove the pan to a wire rack to cool to room temperature, about 1 hour. When cool, cover it with foil and refrigerate until well chilled, at least 3 hours. (I chill mine overnight)
- To cut, use the foil overhang to lift the cheesecake out of the pan and place on a large cutting board. Use a sharp chef's knife to cut the cheesecake into bars, rinsing off the knife with hot water and wiping it dry between each cut. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
- To make this dessert a little healthier you can replace the sour cream with plain greek yogurt!
- 9×13-inch Baking Pan
- Mixing Bowl
Be sure to not miss another recipe! Follow Six Sisters’ Stuff on Instagram|Facebook|Pinterest|YouTube
If you made our recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your hard work using #sixsistersstuff.
Questions & Reviews
Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
Hope you have a great week!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success
following you now
Have a great weekend!
If you have anything else Oreo, feel free to link up! I"m promoting the party like crazy :)