One of my favorite things about summer are the fresh strawberries.
Growing up we had a small strawberry patch in our backyard and I recall playing outside for hours, sneaking the strawberries when I thought my mom wasn’t looking out the kitchen window.
I bought a huge case of strawberries from Costco this last week and knew I had to use them in some type of recipe.
We threw together these Strawberry Cream Cheese Turnovers for breakfast Saturday morning and they were a hit. You can make these with any of your favorite berries, but strawberry will always be our favorite.
what is the best way to store these?
If you don’t eat them all in one sitting (which we wouldn’t blame you if you did, because they are just that good), then you will want to store them properly so they don’t dry out.
We recommend placing them in an airtight container, and putting them in the fridge. We also have put them in a ziplock bag and refrigerated them.
They are best when eaten within 3 days or so, or else they will begin to get a little soggy and gross.
could i use frozen strawberries for this recipe?
This recipe calls for fresh strawberries for a few reasons. First, the flavor. The fresh strawberries taste best with this one.
Second, the texture of the berries. Fresh berries are full of juice, but when you use frozen strawberries, they have juice, as well as melted water and strawberry juice.
For the best results we recommend using fresh strawberries.
If you only have fresh, you could use them, just thaw them, then pat them dry as best you can, with a paper towel, to remove any excess water or liquid.
watch how to make another one of our favorite breakfasts, here:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
Each recipe is tried and true, so you know your family will love them. Even the picky eaters will go crazy for these recipes.
We’ve got you covered from desserts, snacks, appetizers, main dishes, side dishes, drinks, and everything in-between.
Watch how to make our Easy Nutella Banana Coconut Hot Pockets Recipe, here:
Looking for more delicious strawberry recipes?
Strawberry Cream Cheese Turnovers Recipe
- 16 ounces crescent dough sheets 2 (8 ounce) packages, 12 crescents total
- 1½ cups fresh strawberries chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup water
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
Cream Cheese Filling
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tablespoons heavy cream
- ⅛ teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine strawberries, sugar, lemon juice, and 1/4 cup water.
- Bring strawberry mixture to a boil and continue cooking for 6-8 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together remaining water and cornstarch. Slowly add mixture to saucepan, and reduce heat to low. Simmer until strawberry mixture has thickened (about 2-3 minutes)
- Remove from heat, and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat together cream cheese filling ingredients with hand mixer until combined.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- On a greased baking sheet, roll out each crescent roll.
- Top dough with 1 Tablespoon cream cheese filling, and 1 Tablespoon strawberry filling.
- Fold dough over into triangle, and press edges together tightly.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- For the frosting, whisk together frosting ingredients, and drizzle over semi-cooled pastries. Enjoy!
- small bowl
- Mixing Bowl
- Baking Sheet
- Small Mixing Bowl
check out our new cookbook
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!