This Easy Double Layer Pumpkin Pie recipe is one of the best pumpkin desserts I have had that isn’t the classic pumpkin pie. Pumpkin pie with a cream cheese layer is a little unexpected for a pie, but is the best surprise.
While this pie is super easy to make, it is dangerously delicious! It will be gone before you know it.
You might even want to make two of them if you are bringing it to a get together or a work function to make sure there is enough for everyone.
Ingredients Needed For Our Easy Double Layer Pumpkin Pie Recipe (Cream Cheese Layer):
- Graham cracker crumbs
- White sugar
- Butter, melted
- Ground cinnamon
- Cream cheese
- Evaporated milk (chilled)
- Cool Whip, thawed
- Vanilla instant pudding
- Pumpkin puree
- Pumpkin pie spice
How to Make Our Easy Double Layer Pumpkin Pie Recipe (Cream Cheese Layer):
To make the crust of this pie mix together the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, butter, and ground cinnamon in a small mixing bowl until everything is mixed together well.
Then press the crumb mixture into the bottom of a pie plate and bake it in a preheated oven for 6-7 minutes at 375 degrees.
Take the plate from the oven and let the crust cool completely before filling it with the pumpkin filling.
Speed up the cooling process by popping the crust in the fridge as well.
To make the pie filling, combine together the softened cream cheese, 1 tablespoon of evaporated milk, and sugar in a large mixing bowl and whisk everything together until the ingredients are smooth.
Then, gently stir in the Cool Whip to the cream cheese mixture.
Once you have incorporated the Cool Whip, spread the creamy mixture into the bottom of the cooled pie crust.
In a large mixing bowl, pour the remaining evaporated milk and dry pudding mixes (do not actually make the pudding).
Then, using the whisk, beat the ingredients together for a minute until the ingredients become thick.
Once the pudding mixture is thick, add in the pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice, and stir it all together with the whisk.
After the pumpkin layer ingredients are well combined, spread it over top of the cream cheese layer and refrigerate it for 4 hours or until it is completely set up.
Then serve it and enjoy with whipped cream topping! We are sure this Double Layer Pumpkin Pie Recipe will become a family favorite.
Kitchen Necessities for Making This Delicious Easy Double Layer Pumpkin Pie Thanksgiving Dessert recipe:
- Small mixing bowl
- 8 or 9 in. pie plate (THIS is a great one!)
- Large mixing bowl (2)
- Rubber spatula
Make Your Own Spices
While I know it is convenient to just buy a container of pumpkin pie spice, there is just something about making your own blend for the delicious Fall recipes.
Take a look at how to make pumpkin pie spice from The Pioneer Woman. Maybe even make up some for your friends too and put it in a cute jar as a gift! This would taste amazing in our Easy Double Layer Pumpkin Pie recipe.
Want More Easy Dinner Ideas?
Join our email list today and we will send you a FREE ebook of our favorite dinner recipes – plus we will send you recipes each week to help make your dinner planning easier!
Have you checked out our YouTube channel? We show you how to make our favorite recipes right in our own kitchens!
Our most popular cookbook – Dinner Made Easy– is all about quick, easy, and delicious family dinner entrees. We did all the organization, all the taste-testing with picky kids, and all the hacks to cut the prep time so that you can focus on spending more time with your family.
- 30 Minutes or Less
- 5 Ingredients or Less
- Pantry Essentials
- Slow Cooker
- Freezer Meals
- One Pot, One Pan
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Do you need more ideas for Thanksgiving desserts like our Easy Double Layer Pumpkin Pie Recipe?
- Strawberries and Cream Jello Dessert Salad Recipe
- Fluffy Cream Cheese Dessert
- Peanut Butter Striped Dessert
- Decadent Brownie Pudding Dessert
- Raspberry Pretzel Jello Salad/Dessert Recipe
Easy Double Layer Pumpkin Pie Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs I pulsed the graham crackers in my blender
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 6 Tablespoons butter melted
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- 1+1 cup+Tablespoons evaporated milk chilled and divided
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 cups cool whip (about 1/2 of an 8 ounce container) thawed
- 6.8 ounces instant vanilla pudding mix
- 15 ounces pumpkin puree
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- Mix graham cracker crumbs, sugar, butter and ground cinnamon together in a bowl until fully incorporated.
- Press mixture into an 8 or 9 inch pie pan. Bake at 375 degrees F for 6-7 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool for at least 30 minutes before adding pie filling (you can also cool in the fridge if needed).
- Combine cream cheese, 1 Tablespoon evaporated milk, and sugar with a whisk until smooth and fully combined.
- Gently fold in Cool Whip.
- Spread cream layer on the bottom of the cooled pie crust.
- Pour remaining 1 cup evaporated milk into bowl.
- Add dry pudding mixes (do not prepare pudding as directed on box – just use the dry pudding mix). Beat with wire whisk for 1 minute (mixture will be thick).
- Stir in pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice with wire whisk until fully incorporated. Spread the mixture over the cream cheese layer.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours or until set. If desired, top with whipped cream.
- Small Mixing Bowl
- 8 inch pie tin
- Large mixing bowls (2)
- Rubber spatula
Be sure to not miss another recipe!
If you made our recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your hard work using #sixsistersstuff.