One of my favorite treats growing up was the Cherry Turnovers from Arbys. I remember riding in our minivan with all my sisters and we stopped to get some Cherry Turnovers and drove around looking at Christmas lights.
Whenever I eat a Cherry Turnover it’s like I’m right back in 1995! I can smell and taste those sweet, flaky turnovers like it was yesterday.
These Easy Puff Pastry Cherry Turnovers are so easy to make and only use a handful of ingredients.
This is a great recipe to let your kids help with. My kids are experts at sealing the edges of the puff pastry with forks and drizzling the glaze on top.
Related recipe: If you love cherry desserts, you need to try our Cherry Cheesecake Cookies!
How to Make Puff Pastry Cherry Turnovers:
You only need a few minutes and 6 ingredients to make these Easy Puff Pastry Cherry Turnovers.
Step 1: Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Step 2: Unwrap puff pastry dough and cut each sheet into 4 squares. You don’t need to roll your puff pastry out, simply use your hands to press out any seams if necessary to make it smooth and flat.
Step 3: Place 2 Tablespoons of cherry pie filling in the middle of each square. Be sure not to overfill, or the pie filling will come out of the sides when cooking and burn.
Step 4: Brush the edges of each square with egg and fold in half to create a triangle.
Step 5: Use a fork to press and seal the edges of each turnover together.
Step 6: Brush extra egg wash on top of turnovers. This will help them get nice and golden brown on top.
Step 7: Place turnovers on a greased baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown. Let cool.
Step 8: In a small bowl, whisk together powdered sugar, milk and vanilla to create a glaze.
Step 9: Drizzle glaze over turnovers and serve.
Our family loves eating these Easy Puff Pastry Cherry Turnovers for breakfast on the weekend. What do you think? Are these for breakfast or dessert?
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!
Other delicious puff pastry recipes:
- Puff Pastry Glazed Donuts
- Apple Hand Pies
- Baked Cinnamon Sugar Cheater Churros
- Berries and Cream Puff Pastry Turnovers
- Twisted Cheese Breadsticks
Puff Pastry Cherry Turnovers Recipe
- 1 (17.3 ounce) box Puff Pastry Frozen Dough thawed according to package directions
- 21 ounces cherry pie filling
- 1 large egg
- 1½ cups powdered sugar
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Unwrap puff pastry dough and cut each sheet into 4 squares.
- Place 2 Tablespoons of cherry pie filling in the middle of each square.
- Brush the edges of each square with egg and fold in half to create a triangle.
- Use a fork to press and seal the edges of each turnover together.
- Brush extra egg wash on top of turnovers.
- Place turnovers on a greased baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown. Let cool.
- In a small bowl, whisk together powdered sugar, milk and vanilla to create a glaze.
- Drizzle glaze over turnovers and serve.