My husband and I love baking together. We are always looking for a reason to make a tasty dessert, but with a recipe this simple you won’t need one.
This recipe uses puff pastry and Lucky Leaf Pie Filling to make a delicious dessert that makes any occasion extra special.
The puff pastry crust made this perfectly flaky and fluffy. I used store bought puff pastry mix, because I think it tastes amazing, and I am all about saving time.
However, you could make your own pastry crust, if you desire.
These turnovers seriously melt in your mouth. We can’t wait to make them again. I think I may just eat them for breakfast lunch and dinner, because they are just that good.
If you are looking for a simple, and easy pastry or breakfast recipe, you have to give these a try.
how to fold and seal your pastries
This is the trickiest part of the whole pastry. It gets a little difficult to fold and press your pastry, because at this point, it is usually pretty full.
But, you are stronger than the pastry, and you are in control. You can do this. Don’t let it intimidate you. And if a little bit of the filling comes out the side, don’t stress.
That just means it’s full of fruity, creamy, goodness.
Here is how to fold and seal your pastries:
-When adding your filling to your pastries, place it in the middle, and avoid getting too close to the edges. It’s okay if its a little bit like a tower of berries and cream.
-When folding your pastry over, corner to corner, use your palms to keep the filling in place, but keeping the pastry dough between you and the filling so you don’t get too messy.
-Press the corner in, then using a fork, or your finger, press down the other sides of the pastry, to seal it shut.
-Again, it’s okay if a little bit of the berry and cream mixture comes out.
-Place on pan, and bake.
what other flavors could i make this with?
I love switching up the flavors. Sometimes, I will buy various flavors, if I am doubling or tripling the batch.
My favorites are:
Love Pastry Desserts?! Then you’ll want to try our Cream Puff Cake Dessert!
watch how to make another favorite berries and cream breakfast, here:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love.
We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make it, so it turns out perfect every time.
Each recipe is tried and true, so you can trust it is going to be delicious.
Our family loves breakfast foods, we even have breakfast for dinner, once a week. We really love it.
Watch how to make our favorite, Stuffed Cinnamon Sticks, here:
looking for more pastry recipes? Here are a few of our favorite:
Lucky Leaf Berries n’ Cream Puff Pastry Turnovers Recipe
- 1 frozen puff pastry 1 package, thawed
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- ½ cup sugar
- 1½ teaspoon vanilla extract divided
- 3 Tablespoons flour
- 21 ounces Lucky Leaf Premium Mixed Berry Pie Filling 1 can
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 4 Tablespoons heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, beat together cream cheese, sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract and flour; set aside.
- Lay out the puff pastry and cut into 4x4-inch squares.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of cream cheese mixture in the center of each square. Top with 2 tablespoons of pie filling.
- Fold over from corner to corner into a triangle shape, and press edges together with a fork to seal.
- Place turnovers on a non greased baking sheet, leaving about 1 inch between them.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown. Let cool completely.
- In a small bowl, whisk together powdered sugar, heavy cream and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract. Drizzle on top of turnovers and serve.
- small bowl
- Baking Sheet
- Small Mixing Bowl
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!