One of my favorite things about going on vacation when we were young were the danishes some hotels have out for breakfast. I am sure they just dreaded seeing our family of 8 heading toward the pastry table because we would clear them out! What can I say? We love our pastries! These danishes are so tasty and have only 3 ingredients!
Mini Cream Cheese Fruit Danishes Recipe
- 8 count refrigerated crescent roll dough
- flour for the work surface
- 4 Tablespoons cream cheese
- 4 Tablespoons fruit jam
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- ⅛ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 400° F. Carefully unroll the dough on a lightly floured surface. Divide along the dotted lines into 4 equal rectangles.
- Working with 1 rectangle at a time, gently pinch and smooth the dough to eliminate the diagonal dotted lines. Trim the dough along one side to approximate a square.
- Place 1 tablespoon of cream cheese and 1 tablespoon of jam in the center of each square. Fold each corner to the center of the square, pinching them together. Transfer to a baking sheet. Bake until golden brown, 18 to 20 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix together powdered sugar, vanilla and milk to create icing. You may need to add more milk to get the desired consistency. Drizzle icing over danishes.
- small bowl
- Baking Sheet