Easy homemade chicken pot pie is such an easy chicken breast recipe to make that it has become a favorite family dinner to make in our house. You can make this meal up in no time and get all of the comfort food you need! It’s a modern take on the classic chicken pot pie, and you can use any biscuit dough you would like (that’s the best part)!
Chicken pot pie with biscuits is the perfect answer to a quick dinner for those busy weeknights, without compromising flavor. Plus it makes absolutely wonderful leftovers too! This is one of the best chicken pot pie recipes. The yummy chicken mixture with the tender biscuits makes this one of our most popular recipes!
This is a budget-friendly recipe to make when you are trying to stay within your budget or at the end of the month! We all know how that goes, so skip the box mac and cheese and make this hearty chicken pot pie.
If you want to add more sides to this meal, try pairing it with our Easy Homemade French Bread (perfect for dipping in the creamy pot pie sauce), Instant Pot Sweet Potato Casserole, or a wonderful Citrus Fruit Salad.
You can store this in an airtight container in the fridge, but the flaky biscuits might lose a bit of their texture. And if you want to get fancy, you can make homemade biscuits instead of store-bought biscuits. Fresh veggies are also great for this recipe, but frozen veggies work too. This is one of our family favorite comfort foods that’s a hit any night of the week!
If you’ve been craving a delicious chicken pot pie without all the hassle, this is for you. You can even make this recipe into mini chicken pot pies if you would like! To make it even easier, you can use a store-bought rotisserie chicken. This savory dish will be in your meal rotation for a long time! With simple ingredients, you won’t have to spend much time at the grocery store either.
Ingredients Needed For Our Easy Biscuit Chicken Pot Pie Recipe:
- Vegetable oil
- Chopped onion
- Diced carrots
- Chopped broccoli
- Chopped cauliflower
- Frozen peas
- Chicken broth
- Cream of chicken soup
- Dried thyme
- Boneless, skinless, chicken breasts (cooked and shredded)
- Pillsbury Grand biscuits
How To Make Our Easy Biscuit Chicken Pot Pie Recipe:
Begin by preheating the oven to 400 degrees.
Then in a large pan, heat the vegetable oil on medium-high heat.
After the oil is hot, throw in the onions, broccoli, cauliflower, and thawed peas to saute them until they become tender. This should take about 5-7 minutes.
Then season the vegetables with salt and pepper to your liking.
When you are done sauting the vegetables, put them in a large bowl with the shredded chicken and set it aside.
Using the same pan, reduce the heat and add the butter to the pot.
Once the butter has melted, stir in the flour and cook it while stirring it constantly to make the roux.
Then carefully whisk in the milk, chicken broth, cream of chicken soup, and the dried thyme.
When that has all been added, allow the sauce to come to a simmer and let it simmer for about 1 minute to let the sauce thicken up and then add salt and pepper to your liking.
Once the sauce is thick, turn off the heat and put the vegetables and chicken in the pot with the sauce.
Stir everything together until the filling is well combined. If the filling is too thick, stir in a little extra chicken broth or milk until you get the right consistency.
Then pour the filling into a 9×13 inch baking dish and bake it for 18 minutes.
After 18 minutes, remove the dish from the oven and top it off with the 8 biscuits and put it back in the oven for another 10-12 minutes or until the biscuits are golden brown and the filling is bubbly.
Allow the pot pie to cool and set up for about 5 minutes and then serve it warm!
To Make This Chicken Breast Recipe You Will Need:
- Large pan (THIS is a great one!)
- 9×13 inch baking dish
Love cooking as much as we do? Join our FREE private Facebook Group: Six Sisters’ Dinner Club!
Easy Homemade Chicken Stock
Making your own chicken stock is actually quite simple and can be made from a leftover chicken!
To make your own chicken stock, take a look at the Simply Recipes’ article on How to Make Chicken Stock. Pick one of their methods and enjoy some extremely flavorful and homemade chicken stock.
Want More Easy Dinner Ideas?
Join our email list today and we will send you a FREE ebook of our favorite dinner recipes – plus we will send you recipes each week to help make your dinner planning easier!
Join today by CLICKING HERE.
Have you checked out our YouTube channel? We show you how to make our favorite recipes right in our own kitchens!
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!
Other Pot Pie Recipes you’ll LOVE!
- Skillet Chicken Pot Pie Recipe
- Tater Tot Chicken Pot Pie Casserole Recipe
- Sheet Pan Chicken Pot Pie Recipe
- Instant Pot Chicken Pot Pie
- Cheesy Chicken Pot Pie Recipe
Easy Biscuit Chicken Pot Recipe
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion chopped fine
- ½ cup carrots diced
- ½ cup broccoli chopped
- ½ cup cauliflower chopped
- ¾ cup frozen peas thawed
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- ½ cup flour
- 1½ cups milk
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 10.5 ounces cream of chicken soup 1 can
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts cooked and shredded
- 16.3 ounces Pillsbury Grand Biscuits 1 can, 8 count
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large pan heat your oil on medium-high heat.
- Once the oil is hot, saute the onions, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, and peas until tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer cooked vegetables to a bowl with the chicken; set aside.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the butter to the same pot. When melted, stir in the flour and cook, stirring constantly for 1 minute.
- Whisk in the milk, chicken broth, cream of chicken soup and thyme. Allow the sauce to come to a simmer and let it simmer for 1 minute to thicken. Season with salt and pepper.
- Turn off the heat and transfer the vegetables and chicken to the pot, stirring until the filling is well-combined. If the filling is too thick, stir in some extra chicken broth milk.
- Pour the filling into a 9 x 13 inch baking dish and bake for 18 minutes.
- Remove the dish from the oven (keeping the oven on and door closed) and top the filling with 8 biscuits (yes, raw biscuits).
- Return the baking dish to the oven and bake for an additional 10-12 minutes, until the biscuits are golden brown and the filling is bubbly.
- Cool for 5 minutes before serving.
- large pan
- Mixing Bowl
- 9×13 Inch Baking Dish
If you made our recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your hard work using #sixsistersstuff.